Help

Second Grade

Eureka Math

>

autumn11

Eureka Math
Old 02-05-2019, 09:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I teach 2nd grade math using Eureka Math (this is the first year my district is using Eureka.) I will be out of school for a week and am in the process of creating substitute plans. I want my students to continue with Eureka Math problems (problems/concepts taught the Eureka way) while I'm away.

The substitute teacher will not be expected to teach new lessons, but review concepts/lessons previously taught. My students have done the Problems Sets, Application Problems, Exit Tickets, Sprints, and Homework in their Learn, Succeed, and Practice books for the modules we have covered. I need additional problems that can be used to review what they are learning and have learned.

Is there a site where I can download/print additional problems based on the Eureka modules (not the ones already listed in the Eureka student books?

Any assistance you provide will be greatly appreciated.

autumn11 is offline   Reply With Quote

kelteadr

Embarc
Old 02-06-2019, 11:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Embarc.online has some resources. Most are the same materials but they do have topic quizzes for most of the topics within the modules. They may have some other materials.
kelteadr is offline   Reply With Quote

daisy789

Supplemental Worksheets
Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I purchased supplements to each module from Spectacular in Second on TPT. I think each module costs around $4. I often use it for homework because it seems a little more parent friendly. Then, I don't have to worry about families undoing what I taught in school.
daisy789 is offline   Reply With Quote
WeWork2Much

WeWork2Much

I second Embarc
Old 02-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I do use embarc topic quizzes as a review before assessments. Copy and paste onto a new Word document. That way you can edit. I find I don't always want as many examples of a particular concept. The best part is that it's all free.

I know there's not a lot of love for Engage NY Math but our school has been doing it for a few years and our Math scores went up and stayed up. The students have a deeper understanding of number sense and have a flexibility with numbers and strategies that I've never seen with any other programs. Yes, it is much harder to teach. But the results in the students are amazing. The kids love it as well. They cheer for Sprints, even for doing the Application Problems (I make a separate booklet). My DD is not using this at her school and her math understanding, strategies, and flexibility is weak compared to my students.

Anyway, good luck with your lesson plans!

2teach2

Old 02-10-2019, 02:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Not sure if this helps, but....we also use Zearn.org with our 2nd graders. It has 'Missions' that go along with the Eureka math modules.

2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 02-10-2019, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I second zern.com it is totally aligned and I feel like its good for them to have a break now and then to spiral back and get more time to just practice what they have learned.

I also have a ton of supplemental stuff that aligns with the modules from TPT that I use for extra practice-but I teach third so I cant recommend anything specific for 2nd grade.

I am with the PP-our math scores have also gone up. It may not be everyone's favorite but it is working.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote