Help

Creative Outlet

Card: My Friend #25

>

KeyKid

Card: My Friend #25
Old 03-17-2019, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

He finished the scheduled 12 rounds and met with the oncologist. Recent scan shows the trouble spots have continued to shrink. Because the spots are metastisized away from the original location, he'll need to be on a maintenance schedule of chemo, doing exactly what he has been, on an every other week basis. We're hoping this gives him years. He's having increased difficulty with numbness in his fingers which doesn't pair well with being an organist.

I used a new stencil I bought at the Simon Says Stamp event a couple days ago. I used the Simon Says Stamp Square Dance stencil with Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste. I had cut a card base out of black and used the embossing paste through the stencil on the card front. Take my advice and just do a panel. I had to cut it down because the paste went on the back, on the inside, and just was a mess on the edges. Plus, I thought I had put it aside enough to leave it alone to dry. I needed something, walked by it, forgot it was there, and put 3 big fingers into the wet paste. I ended up trimming a section without finger smudges. Things took a different direction, but I think it turned out well. This embossing paste needed a couple of hours to dry.

I have a stack of 4"x6" metallic cards from an independent paper store. I used Simon Says Stamp Believe die set and cut the word from the gold metallic and the shadow from black cardstock. I also used the gold metallic for the bottom portion of the card. I started out with a new black card base. I taped the embossing paste piece and the metallic gold piece together on the back with regular Scotch tape. I added the cross washi tape over the joint of those two pieces and put it on the card base.

I popped up the Believe and the black sentiment strip: God is never in a hurry but God is never late from Sweet 'n Sassy Be Encouraged 2 stamp set. I used VersaMark Ink and Zing Gold embossing powder (no idea why Amazon has it priced at $21.28 - don't pay that much!). Inside sentiment: Each minute is a blessing from God is from the Divinity Designs (former Our Daily Bread Designs) Each Minute stamp. I only used part of the stamp by putting a post-it note over the other section when I inked it up. Keep stray embossing powder grains from sticking to the cardstock by using an anti-static powder bag or tool.

Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote

ar719

Old 03-17-2019, 02:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is a sharp looking card!
Glad your friend is doing well!
ar719 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 03-21-2019, 11:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

gorgeous! love the gold!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 03-22-2019, 03:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That card is so beautiful and I love the sentiments. I could see myself doing the same mishap that you had (forgetting I set it in a spot and then smudging it). It turned out perfect as it is! Is your friendís maintenance schedule indefinite?
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

KeyKid

Maintenance
Old 03-22-2019, 07:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The maintenance chemo will continue until he can't stand it anymore and decides he's had enough of everything.

KeyKid is offline   Reply With Quote