Help

Career Decisions

2nd to 4k?

>

middlestsis

2nd to 4k?
Old 05-18-2019, 06:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I recently applied for and did not get a position for a reading interventionist. I was more disappointed than I thought, probably because I am currently with a class that is super needy and impulsive. I am so exhausted from this year I can't even muster excitement for summer! I definitely don't want to leave, but I'm wondering if a change would help...

There is a 4K position open and I have been wondering if I should ask to move. I am really interested in play in learning. I am not sure what being a 4k teacher entails, but I wanted to get some insight before I asked my principal.

Does anyone have any advice?

middlestsis is offline   Reply With Quote

Coopsgrammy

move
Old 05-21-2019, 10:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would think long and hard before moving. 4K students are so much more needy than second graders. Play in learning is great, but it is a different beast altogether. Make a pros and cons list, sit in on the 4K class for a few hours, and then decide.
Coopsgrammy is online now   Reply With Quote

middlestsis

Thanks
Old 05-21-2019, 05:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you! I am not feeling 100% sure so I think I should stay until I am sure it is what I want. I love the idea of 4K but I am not so sure about actually being in 4K.

middlestsis

Wait
Old 05-29-2019, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Just an update! I talked to the principal about it to get his viewpoint. He said the teacher he is thinking of hiring is only going to be there for one year. He said that I could go and sit in the 4K at the beginning of the year when they are youngest and talk to those teachers for a better grasp on what it is like. He said I could talk to him at the beginning of next year if I decide I really want to move. I am super happy about this because it will give me time to think about it and I will get to observe a little. Plus I will get to see what my 2nd graders are like next year and if I am mostly excited because this year was hard