Volunteer Gifts - ProTeacher Community

Last Chance to Enter!

StetsonHatter

Volunteer Gifts
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have amazing parent volunteers and I'd like to give them something thoughtful. Does anyone have gift suggestions for the holidays?

StetsonHatter is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

gift baskets
Old 11-04-2007, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I bought "bath and body" type stuff from Dollar Tree and a basket and made gift baskets for my parents - under $10.00 each. I bought some raffia and shrink wrap at the hobby store (the kind you use a blow dryer and it shrinks up around the basket) which made it look "professionally done." They seemed to enjoy it.

I've also done candle "samplers" - buy a Christmas tin, a half dozen various scented votive candles and a votive holder. Put some of the shredded paper for gift bags in the bottom of the tin, put the votive in the middle and the candles around the outside.
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

funwith1stgr

holiday parent volunteer gift idea
Old 11-04-2007, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In the past I have bought small vases from either Wal-mart or a craft store and had my students use their fingerprints to paint holiday designs such as christmas trees or snowmen on them. You can then either fill the vase with flowers or candy. It's a fun way to get the students involved in saying thank you too.
funwith1stgr is offline   Reply With Quote

Bertie

volunteers
Old 11-04-2007, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Another option is to thank your volunteers, by sponsoring a local family with a Christmas hamper and/or gifts. You can notify them in a card of what you have done in their name. A parent did this for me at Christmas one year, donating to an African classroom in my name.

Or buy some wonderful hard cover books for your school library and donate them to the library in their names....print the volunteers names on a book label to glue inside.
Bertie is offline   Reply With Quote

edugator125

Very Simple
Old 11-04-2007, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not sure how much money you plan to spend, but I generally buy gift cards for my room mons. I plan on spending $25 each on my two room moms for Christmas. I like to buy gift cards because they can buy something for themselves and not their children. My room moms are very helpful, and they deserve a special gift. Have a happy holiday season. Only a few more days til Thanksgiving break!

edugator125 is offline   Reply With Quote

hornfan

Cookie heaven
Old 11-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have 11 moms this year helping out throughout each month with reading groups, so I have to think inexpensive this year. I'm planning on baking chocolate chip cookies and getting some candy canes and Christmas candy to fill in some cute Christmas sacks. Oriental Trading actually has a bunch of different decorative bags for between $10 and $15 for a dozen. Or Walmart has always been a favorite of mine for such bags. :-)
hornfan is offline   Reply With Quote

mousetails

Volunteer Girts
Old 11-05-2007, 08:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Normally i give my parent volunteers something at the end of the year. At that time, I do a round cement, or a Texas shaped cement block. I have the kids do some thumb print flowers, on it, or a thumb print person with their name next to it.

For Christmas the kids and I are using our measuring skills and making jars of cookie mix in them. We will put some pretty material and ribbon on the outside of the lid.... they end up being really cute! I have all kids of food in a jar, from soups to cookies and brownies. I got the jars at WalMart this summer on sale for 2 dollars for a dozen of them! I got all 12 dozen they had! Anyway, twas probably too much info!
mousetails is offline   Reply With Quote

macaroney3

I'd love the jar recipes
Old 11-06-2007, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Do you have ingredient lists for the soups, cookies, and brownies you mentioned?
macaroney3 is offline   Reply With Quote

mousetails

Receipes
Old 11-06-2007, 07:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I do have recipes! I am at school right now, but in the next couple of days, I will compile them and put them on a document. If you would like them, send me an email at sweetasmeabc@yahoo.com.... put Jar Recipes in the subject line and I will get them to you in the next few days, I might take pictures of the finished product of a few! Have a great day!

teachrchick

Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Last year I bought Christmas tins for each of my room mothers and literally spent all night baking these spritz cookies using one of those cookie guns, and red and green sprinkles. It took FOREVER...but, it was inexpensive, the cookies were delicious, and it showed thought. I printed up Christmas tags for the tins and sent them home with the kids. I also gave each mother a cute "Mom's to do" calendar for the next year.
teachrchick is offline   Reply With Quote

mousetails

Moms to do Calenda
Old 11-06-2007, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

The cookies sound neat, what is a moms to do calenda? Could you tell us what you put on it? Thanks!

anabel12

volunteer gifts
Old 11-09-2007, 07:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I go to a local gift store that gift wraps for free and buy fancy soaps for the parents that help. It's something that everyone likes, doesn't clutter up their houses, and is a little indulgence. The store I go to spends almost as much on the gift wrap as I do on the soap! Special bags and everything. I like the idea of a donation in their name. The families at my school are very comfortable, and really don't need more things, though something nice is always appreciated.
anabel12 is online now   Reply With Quote

mousetails

Jar Recipe
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I only printed out one recipe..... they take awhile to print up....... I have about 25 recipes.... If you want email me at sweetasmeabc@yahoo.com and as I get them typed up, I will send them......... that goes for anyone who wants them..... I will put a few pictures with them as I get them done.

This recipe is done in a pint jar... I always cut pretty seasonal material to put with the lid, ribbon of some kind, sometimes a wooden spoon, a tiny grater tied on to it. For Christmas gifts, I will tie jingle bells......... anyway tis all for now!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Home-Style Chicken & rice Soup.doc (25.5 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by mousetails; 11-10-2007 at 01:58 PM..

macaroney3

Thanks, Starrla!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Thanks so much. That was a lot of work for you to do. I would love any more you time to post!
macaroney3 is offline   Reply With Quote

teachrchick

Old 11-12-2007, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I'm sorry Starrla,
I just noticed your post tonight. The Mom's to-do calendar was just a cute calendar that I found at Kohl's last year. It had all sorts of stickers for marking important dates, and almost looked like a scapbook. Hopefully I can find them again this year!
teachrchick is offline   Reply With Quote