Help

Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Free Math RTI websites?

>

CJS87

Free Math RTI websites?
Old 09-22-2019, 07:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Looking for free Math RTI websites for additional practice on skills...

Thank you!

CJS87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Kinderkr4zy

Old 09-25-2019, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

For Math practice I use Khan academy. It isnt a true RTI-but it has some features that make it more than effective than other sites where they just practice skills/facts-it has an actual teaching component. For example students can try a problem, and if they get it wrong it suggests that they watch an instructional video on the skill or "get a hint"-the hints are basically a step by step walk through of the problem solving process.

I assign specific lessons/topics/standards-these can relate to my current unit in math or it can cover skills I previously identified the student as lacking. Then I can pull data on how they did for the practice questions-what percentage did they get correct-how often did they need to "get a hint" (if they use a hint it doesnt count it as a problem they got correct because they only go it right with assistance and it only marks problems they got right independently as correct) did they need repeated hints or did they just need a single prompt mid problem-all of the data can be pulled from Khan Academy.

There is also a placement test option that is self paced-they work on all skills the placement test shows they are missing in the order that the program chooses. I prefer to assign specific lessons myself.

Also if you use Eureka Math curriculum or Illustrative Math curriculum they both have curriculum aligned "courses" in addition to the basic grade level courses. I use Eureka math and I can go to a specific module and lesson number and assign thing without combing through the standards to find what I am looking for.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

CJS87

kinderkr4zy
Old 09-29-2019, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks. We use Eureka math and I sometimes have them supplement with Khan academy. Thanks
CJS87 is offline   Reply With Quote