Winter theme Dec/Jan - ProTeacher Community

Linda/OH

Winter theme Dec/Jan
Old 11-10-2007, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm responsible for a small hallway b.b for Dec/Jan and would like some ideas that include student work that can be displayed. I'd like something different than snowflakes Pictures would be greatly appreciated too!

Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

Oboemom

Winter Bulletin Board
Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I just found the cutest idea in an Oriental Trading catalog that I will use with my preschoolers. It's a mitten theme! You make the child's handprint onto two mittens and mount them on a heart with Cold Hands, Warm Heart written on it. They also showed a cute wreath made from mittens that each child could decorate.

There are several books that you could tie into the theme as well. The Mitten Tree, One Mitten, Runaway Mitten, A Mountain of Mittens, The Missing Mitten Mystery.

Can you tell I like this theme? Another cute idea could be penguins or polar bears.... hope this helped.

Diane
Oboemom is offline   Reply With Quote

jude

re mittens
Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Are you just making a mitten or are you tracing their hand onto a mitten pattern?
jude is offline   Reply With Quote

Oboemom

Mitten Wreath
Old 11-11-2007, 12:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am making a cut out of a mitten and using paint on the palm of their hand and pressing it onto the mitten cut out. Then mounting that onto the heart. I hope that answered your question!

Diane
Oboemom is offline   Reply With Quote

jude

re
Old 11-11-2007, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you!

jude is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

torn art snowpeople
Old 11-14-2007, 08:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My students have enjoyed decorating snowpeople that have been torn from a 12X18 piece of white paper. Sometimes I have used a template for the snowpeople themselves so that they are a decent size. They still tear around this. You can use paper scraps, material, yarn, tree pieces, you name it to decorate them. I insist that any paper added to decorate it is also torn.

These are so cute. I also show The Snowman video and the kids get a chance to write their own story of the life (day) of their snow person!

Depending on how large your board is, you can change the size, make them with a partner, or we have even done team building activities after changing to new table groups to make ONE cooperatively.

Let me know what you think.
luvmycat is online now   Reply With Quote
k florida

k florida

K Florida
Old 12-06-2007, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Make the bb a big wrapped package and title it "Knowledge is a gift" tack on colorful student work. It's simple and covers all the holidays.
Talk2k79

Talk2k79

winter
Old 12-07-2007, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Last year, I had the children write a winter poem for the bulletin board. The title was," Winter is....." and then had the children write their own ideas about winter. I did this activity with a group of first graders. I put snowflakes all over the bulletin board. Instead of snowflakes maybe you can have them make snowmen. Or cut out evergreen trees and put white paint on it for snow.

Hope this helps!