Help

ARCHIVE

Parent Christmas Gift Ideas

>

burg4

Parent Christmas Gift Ideas
Old 11-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Just wondered what other third grade teachers were having their students make for parent Christmas gifts? I am looking for some new ideas.

burg4 is offline   Reply With Quote

ismile

Calendars
Old 11-12-2007, 08:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In the past I have done calendars. We do 12 art projects...generally starting in October, and turn it into a calendar to give to our parents. It can be an overwhelming project if you don't have that much time. Though it is what I have done the last few years, I am thinking of finding something that isn't as time consuming! However, the parents love them and the kids are so proud of their work!
ismile is offline   Reply With Quote
starry1

starry1

Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

we ordered wintery themed foam picture frames kids from Orientaltrading....then we are going to take pictures of kids in front of the school xmas tree and stick them inside...the kids decorate the picture frame, i think this year its a snowman frame

Kat's Mom

Candy jars
Old 11-12-2007, 02:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In years' past, I've made snowman candy jars that I found in a craft magazine. I gather up baby food jars and lids (often parents or staff help me out here). We then glue a lg. styrofoam head to the lid, glue foam pieces to its head to make a face, use felt to glue on a scarf, and I use odd-matched donated baby socks, turned upside down and tied off w/ yarn to be the snowman's hat. They turn out adorable! A couple weeks before vacation, I ask parents to donate a bag of wrapped Christmas candy. The kids then pick what they know their parents like and fill the jars. Because they're baby food jars, it doesn't take much. Good luck!
Kat's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote