Tough decision regarding interview times. - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

The Job Search

Tough decision regarding interview times.

>

sterlingsun

Tough decision regarding interview times.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I had a great interview with a highly sought after school district. They offered me a second interview a couple of hours later. Unfortunately, the interview time overlapped with a first round interview I had at another school district. I politely inquired with the first round school if there was any way I could reschedule and said I understood if not. I got a very nasty reply from the P of that school who said it was that time or nothing. I promptly thanked them for their time and the opportunity.

Hopefully I've made the right decision. If the first round school would have said no in a more polite way I would have been willing to ask the second round school if they could be flexible. I may have been burned a bridge, but I think I also dodged a bullet!

sterlingsun is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 05-29-2020, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think you made a good choice. Now, go knock that interview out of the park!
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

cruxian

Old 05-29-2020, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you made the right decision. The reaction was truly revealing. I had a similar situation last year....a principal reached out to schedule an interview when I had another one schedule. I asked if there was another time available and got no response. Sent a second email the next day and got nothing.
I figured that was indicative of either the way he ran the school or the fact that he wasn't very serious about interviewing me.
cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

sterlingsun

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2020, 08:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thank you for the replies! The P from the first round school actually just called me and apologized for their response this morning. They found another time for me to interview. I accepted, but I will hopefully just use the interview as practice. Now going to focus my energy on my second interview!

GraceKrispy

Old 05-29-2020, 02:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Congratulations again on making it to the second round!

I'm glad you still get the interview with the other school, but I really hope it's not needed! Interesting that they contacted you again. Maybe just having a really bad morning, but still seems like a red flag.

I also see your response to me in your other post... and I'm really not entirely sure what might be asked. I might expect them to go more in depth on asking you some curriculum or practice questions, but it really depends on what they asked the first time around.

GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

sterlingsun

Thank you!
Old 05-29-2020, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thank you for your reply! I really hope it doesn't come down to the first round school. I wonder if other applicants bailed today and they need to fill the position, so that's why P pulled a 180. Definitely need to watch out. Both interviews are for Tuesday. The second round is before the first, so I will know how much effort to put in.

Thanks for remembering my other post! That position is actually at a different school in the same district as the first round interview. Unfortunately P called and cancelled the interview. The district from what I understand is trying to finalize the budget, so they need to hold off on hiring of certain positions right now. I know since I'm SPED that many of those positions cannot be eliminated, but the cancelled interview was for a learning support position.