ARCHIVE

student teacher gift

>

Jillsters

Jillsters

student teacher gift
Old 03-16-2006, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a great student teacher who will be leaving us in the middle of April. Any ideas of a good thank you/good luck parting gift? I want to get her some teaching supplies to start her own classroom, but I was wondering if anyone had any other super creative ideas. Thanks in advance!

change2R

student teacher
Old 03-16-2006, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My class made a book for our student teacher. Each child did a page about how he/she thought she was special. We also gave her a teacher shirt with a note to remember us when she wears it. She loved her gifts.
change2R is offline   Reply With Quote
SJT

SJT

gifts
Old 03-16-2006, 10:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

A gift card to a teaching supply store is always a good gift. That way they can pick out things they need for their own classroom. A group picture of the class is a nice thing for a scrapbook too.

MPage

Teaching Bag
Old 03-17-2006, 05:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My supervising teacher gave me a beautfiul teacher's tote bag! (I completed student teaching December of 2002) It was stuffed full of all sorts of teaching things (post it pads, pens, pencils, clips, magnets, a journal, etc! and TYLENOL!!!). I still have some of the personalized pens and stationary.
MPage is offline   Reply With Quote

Nat

gift...
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

how about a nice picture book, perhaps one of your favourites, have the children sign their names on the inside cover.
gift certificate at chapters
I like the tote bag... I also have a student teacher...I'll have to remember that one!

nat

Nat is offline   Reply With Quote

Mrs. O

Shoes
Old 03-17-2006, 06:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

With my last student teacher, we bougth some white canvas shoes and had everyone sign them and replaced the shoestrings with fancy ribbon ones. They turned out very cute. This year we are planning a scrapbook. I like the idea of a gift certificate too.
Mrs. O is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

Student teacher
Old 03-17-2006, 11:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We did the tote bag idea. It can be personalized with student handprints, or you might be able to get one made with a photo of you and the class. I also have gotten student teachers a copy of The First Days of School by Harry Wong.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
M.

M.

Re
Old 03-17-2006, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Here are some ideas:

1. A memory book-Each student can make a page. The page can have a picture of just the student or the student and your student teacher. The student can then write a message to the student teacher. This message could be a memory, a good luck message, etc.

2. A chair/stool-this may sound tacky, but students could sign the bottom of it and give it to the student teacher. She can then use this in her classroom. Like I said, it may sound tacky, but we did this for a student teacher when I was in school and she really liked it.

3. Video/Powerpoint-I know you can make powerpoints and then transfer them to Video. I'm not sure if they can transfer to DVD, though. I'm sure a tech. person could help you. You could make a Powerpoint with pictures showing the whole experience she had with the students. You could put this on Video or DVD and give a copy to her and maybe even to your class as well.
JenCO

JenCO

Class book
Old 03-17-2006, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Have the class write tips for your student teacher as she begins her teaching career. When I student taught my class did that, and I still have it a few years later. My coop teacher also gave me a personalized tote bag filled with some cute "teachery" things.

Kiki

class scrapbook
Old 03-18-2006, 03:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

for my student teaching, each child made a scrapbook page with their photo, a cut-out or two, and a description of their favorite lesson we did. I still look to that book for inspiration when my creativity seems to be running on empty.

Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote
ILTChr

ILTChr

Student Teacher gift
Old 03-18-2006, 05:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I, too, had a fantastic Student Teacher this year. I wanted to do something special for her. Here's what we came up with....

1. The kids made a book for her entitled, "You're a GREAT teacher because....." Each student did a page, they finished the sentence and illustrated it. It was so cute, and made her cry!

2. I gave her a really nice apple keychain. I wrote a nice little note in the box that this was for the key to her own classroom which I knew she'd have real soon. She loved this. It showed my confidence in her abilities.

3. I gave her a nice bracelet....not real fancy or expensive. Just wanted something to remember me by! She loved it and wears it everytime I see her!

4. We had a "teacher shower" for her. The students all brought in a small teacher necessity (pens, pack of post-its, stickers, pointers for the board, etc.). I put them all in a nice basket. We enjoyed cake and our last day together. It was really fun!

I truly miss this gal. My kids do, too! She's going to make a fabulous teacher!

Hope this helps you!
Peaslca

Peaslca

First Teacher Dollar
Old 12-09-2007, 05:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Our class framed a dollar in an 8X10 frame, had the kids sign all around it and entitled it, Ms. _______'s first dollar earned as a teacher. She loved it. My teacher that I student taught with did the same for me. I still have it hanging in my room.