First Grade

parent involvement during pandemic

>

newletsgo

newletsgo

parent involvement during pandemic
Old 09-20-2020, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello! I need ideas of how schools can engage and involve parents/guardians during this pandemic. Suggestions/steps to take?

broomrider

engage parents to do what?
Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hello,
Welcome to ProTeacher. This is a good place to get and give support to other teachers.

I'm not quite clear on what you need.
Do you want parents to be comfortable being in the room with their student(s) while the children are doing on-line school?

Do you want parents to be able to trouble shoot computer problems during instruction?

Are the children attending in-person classes and you want parents to be sure homework is done?

Do you have specific needs for parents to help you and your students meet standards? Which curricular areas?

What grade level are you teaching? The amount of support varies with the student's age and needs.

Your question sounds a bit like a student assignment for an education class.
This isn't a bad place to ask such a question, but you will get more concrete suggestions if you are more specific about your needs.

You might do reading from previous threads on here by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper left of most pages and doing an advanced search for parent involvement. I'm thinking you'll need to go back several pages to find what you need, since many posts for the last six months are more about student involvement. :-(

Last edited by broomrider; 09-23-2020 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: added information
broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote
newletsgo

newletsgo

Old 10-01-2020, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Obviously there will be no PTA's anytime soon, or Muffins with Mom, Donuts with Dads, etc...How else can we involve families?