Christmas parent ideas/etc. - ProTeacher Community

Teacher7

Christmas parent ideas/etc.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a first year teacher teaching 5th grade and have a few holiday related questions.

Do you have your students make gifts for their parents? If so what kinds of things do you do. Ideas for easy gifts that don't take too much time would be great!

I have already notcied that student supplies are running low. Do you send out a letter before winter break with a re-freshed supply list?

This board has been great...any comments would be very helpful!

Teacher7 is offline   Reply With Quote

catholicgreek

Old 11-27-2007, 02:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

What I'm thinking about doing this year is really basic... getting a clear glass ornament and craft paint, then having them put in different colors into their ornament and just twirling it around. I have never done this, it was actually my cousion's idea.. she said she did it one day while bored in college, and it came out really cute... so we will see. Also I send out a letter about supplies when ever I notice supplies are low asap... I have also noticed that it doesn't matter when you send the letters out, reminders will have to be made. So perhaps send one out a week before break and for those who don't bring anything in send another reminder shortly after you return.
catholicgreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Ellensclass

I get so few supplies
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

anytime I ask that I have taken to buying markers or crayons during back to school and wrapping those up for Christmas. I also let the kids chose a book I have bought with scholastic points for their present. I do tell them the markers are to be kept at school.
I did not get but 3 packs of tissues and a bottle or two of soap or sanitizer. It has gotten worse each year. I send out repeated requests, but......So it kills two birds with one inexpensive stone!
Mine are making calendars to give to their parents.

Woops...sorry....got off the subject!!!

Last edited by Ellensclass; 11-28-2007 at 03:29 PM..
Ellensclass is offline   Reply With Quote
arac

arac

christmas
Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I do this craft at home with my family every year--it's alittle messy but lots of fun and they always turn out cute! Best of all-they are "from the kids" and that's what counts!