Help

Retired Teachers

As a kid, were you naughty or

>

Summerwillcom

As a kid, were you naughty or
Old 12-16-2020, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

nice at school? What is the worst thing you did as a kid?
I was basically an angel by most people's standards, but had a couple of naughty times.
IN 2nd grade a group of boys were carving their names on a desk. I wanted my name on that desk so bad, but knew I could get in bad trouble.
They let me and I purposefully spelled my last name adding an extra letter to it which was a more common way of spelling it. When the teacher saw it, she was mad and got out her paddle.
She called us up to look at it. I remember looking at the teacher with wide eyes and saying, " Someone didn't spell my last name right!" She immediately realized that I was innocent of the crime and told me I could sit back down. Then she spanked all of the boys who had done it.
I wish there was an emoji for a bag of coal. I deserved coal that yr.

Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Nice
Old 12-16-2020, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I was more of a devil in band.
tctrojan is offline   Reply With Quote

travelingfar

Old 12-16-2020, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Your teacher had a paddle and spanked kids at school???
travelingfar is online now   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 12-16-2020, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

In elementary school I was more of an angel, but at home I definitely had my naughty moments. I had a tendency to write my name on everything.....in books, on toys, games, etc. My family figured it was my way if claiming it. Naughtiest was carving my name in the coffee table and on the upright piano. I am sure that if there would have been much known about ADHD I would of been diagnosed

Last edited by Cat woman; 12-17-2020 at 01:35 PM..
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

school
Old 12-16-2020, 08:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I was a day dreamer, never finished my work, didn't answer the teacher, horrible speller, LAZY. or that is what they called it then. Now it is ADD I'd get the highest scores on standardized testing.
Bright under achiever...

Wanted bangs like my friends so I took my school scissors and cut bangs what a mess-stuck straight up.
Got in trouble. And I ate my white school paste when I got hungry. We didn't have a snack time.

Teacher sent me to the office for wasting my time drawing a machine that gave out cash. Never!!! So what is an ATM machine?

mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

sonoma

Old 12-16-2020, 08:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I was naughty and enjoyed every minute of it. I hated school and lived for suspensions so I could have the day off.
sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 12-16-2020, 08:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I was a well-behaved high-achiever in elementary school. In fact, I was the teacherís pet every year. I still got good grades in high school, but I was a nightmare; my only goals were being cool and dating bad boys.

I had a wonderful youth.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Linda/OH

naughty/nice
Old 12-17-2020, 01:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

In elementary , always nice. But in middle school I was in a group of mean girls. Not proud of it but we were horrible to kids who were not in the "in" crowd. That phase was something I regret to this day. Except as a teacher, I tried really hard to nip that clique- like stuff in the bud!
Linda/OH is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 12-17-2020, 03:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I was nice and never got in trouble at school. I knew better. My parents were very strict and told all 5 of us siblings if we got in trouble at school we’d be in more trouble when we got home. Besides, I loved school and respected my teachers. I did other things growing up that got me in trouble.
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

lisa53

Old 12-17-2020, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I was a Perfect Child in elementary school and junior high. By the time I was a junior or senior in high school, I realized that I could do Naughty Things and no one would suspect, because of my Nice reputation. Specifically, I frequently skipped class and went out to breakfast with friends, telling the teacher I had a committee meeting for the literary magazine or some other made up excuse. I managed to get a full credit in Latin IV while only attending class twice a week for my entire last semester by claiming I was taking a class at the local community college that was scheduled at the same time, when actually it started a half hour later than I claimed.

I also dated Much Older Men...guys I met in those community college classes and while on visits to local colleges. Some of them were pretty "fast"...but I'll admit that my favorite one was a nerdy college junior who was an engineer at a college not far from us. His idea of a hot date was to show me the computer center and teach me to program in Fortran. I recall one particular time when we wrote a program to solve quadratic equations...and then I used it to solve a particularly wretched physics problem set I had been struggling with for homework. While the program was in the queue, we went ice skating and had hot chocolate. I think I was the first girl he ever kissed...So really, pretty safe. Despite a few adventures, I was a Good Girl at heart.

lisa53 is offline   Reply With Quote
grand memi

grand memi

good child
Old 12-17-2020, 06:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I am a middle child from a reserved family. I was naturally well-behaved in school as my parents taught us that one goes to school to learn and get an education.

Being a middle child also gave a strong sense of self and a good self image so I never needed the approval, extra attention, or constant validation from any of my teachers, adults or peers. That probably kept me out of trouble!

The above pretty much describes my years from elementary - Masters degree.
Thanks to my parents, I have a relaxed and calm personality and can pretty much handle whatever life brings, even this pandemic, without being stressed!

So, nope, sorry, no bad childhood behavior to report here!!

readbks2

Old 12-17-2020, 06:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I had nuns that would keep us in line! I was a good student, but never stopped talking, which would really annoy those good sisters! I would be moved to different desks, but I made friends talking to anyone. My report cards in high school showed A in all subjects, but Conduct grade C. So I thought I was good, but those nuns in their long black habits thought differently.

If you've seen Derry Girls on Netflix, then put that all girls school here, with navy blazers and navy and gray plaid skirts, and you have my high school, or I should say Academy!
readbks2 is offline   Reply With Quote

juliet4

I had nuns
Old 12-17-2020, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

They were brutal! I never caused trouble at school because I was terrified of the nuns. The best year I had was public school for K. I had a lovely teacher, miss coughlin! She was amazing. Then the brutal nuns. I switched schools in fifth grade and the sisters of mercy were so much nicer...the worst thing my friend and I did was throw a sprinkler in an open window of the house with the crabby lady. We also stole a huge roll of paper from a paper factory. We also stole Penny candy. We were brutal too!
juliet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

Childhood
Old 12-17-2020, 08:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I'm having a hard time answering this.

It's not because I feel confused about being naughty or nice. I didn't bother to act up in school and just did my work quickly so that I could read. But I also pretended I was studying, for example, a history book by propping it up in front of me and having my book that I was reading in front of it. Or having it in my desk and sliding it out onto my lap so I could read.

I was friendly to everyone and they were friendly back or I ignored them. I liked all my teachers except two... My fifth grade teacher played favorites and I really didn't like that and my tenth grade English teacher always came to school stoned and I thought he was wasting my time. He was. And I didn't think it was funny and I told my parents that I wasn't learning a thing in there. They brought my ITBS scores up to the principal and fixed the problem for me by having me moved out of there.

I didn't talk back to my parents but I could get my youngest brother and my sister in big trouble very easily. They learned not to mess with me.

I worked the system and ran my world. Is that naughty? No. Is it nice? Well, for me it was.
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

Cat woman

Old 12-17-2020, 01:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I was a nightmare in Jr. High. I got detention a lot, was a mean girl, and disrespectful to teachers, aides, and my parents.

By High School I calmed down with the disrespect, but did party a lot. As a matter of fact my mom kept track of nights I stayed home as a senior and it was something like 5. I still got good grades and would call home if I was going to be late. My parents thought we were at the local pizza place, but I really was out driving around with friends and finding parties.

One year,on picture day, a few friends and I went to have our pictures taken for every club that was announced. In a number of them we sat in the front row with our hands on our knees giving the finger. Yep, I guess in HS I was a bit naughty.

People that know me now canít believe I was like that.
Cat woman is offline   Reply With Quote

freckleface

Nice with a touch of naughty!
Old 12-17-2020, 04:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I went to Catholic school for grades 1-8 and there are a few times when I was less than a model student!

In 4th grade we were supposed to change our uniform skirts for shorts before PE class (we rarely had PE) and she sent us to the bathroom a few at a time. We were told not to change in the coat closet. Well, my "friends" were supposed to be on the lookout while I changed in the closet. My teacher caught me and spanked me with her hand! I never did that again!

My worst was probably in 7th grade. We had Mass every day before school started. The bus dropped us off in front of the church and we would go into Mass. Then a few of us got the idea to go to the corner grocery store during Mass and buy penny candy! Then we would walk around town until Mass was over and then we walk up and get back in line with our class. It took a long time for our principal to find out what we were doing!!

In 8th grade my friend and I would walk off the playground at recess time and walk to a big grocery store and the library and mess around and then walk back. How we never got caught I will never know!!
freckleface is offline   Reply With Quote

hand

Old 12-17-2020, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I was always a good student and pretty behaved at school. But in High School I went to some questionable parties, I was drinking and smoking early, and sneaking out to date guys my parents wouldnít approve. But I was respectful and a very good student so I got away with a lot. It also helped that I was the the baby of the family.
hand is offline   Reply With Quote

1956BD

I was nice
Old 12-17-2020, 07:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I used my manners and was a very obedient as a child. The worst thing I remember doing as a young child was cheating on a spelling test in second grade.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

LMBO at responses!
Old 12-17-2020, 08:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I assumed most teachers had behaved much better than me in school and that is why they became teachers!
WE were raised strict when young, and I can't even imagine what would happen if I had messed w/ my mom's piano!
A lot of my friends went to Catholic school up to 7th grade. They told horror stories of the nuns. They didn't play!
OMGosh! The bangs! My sis and I played beauty parlor at home 1x like that, but I was the customer.
Yes, teachers spanked kids, hit with rulers, and shook the daylights out of some when I was in elementary. We would never go home and tell b/c we'd be in worse trouble at home for disobeying the teacher and embarrassing our parents.
I changed though in JR High. I understand the mean girls club. I was in Ohio too then. I had been raised to understand empathy young. I had gone to a feeder school with a small group who became the "mean girls."
I seriously was not mean and remember learning a lesson that never left me from those days. I was with the mean girls a lot. We had boyfriends from a certain group and were in a club together.
The strongest lesson I learned from those days: Don't let anyone talk smack about someone you like ever w/out defending them.
One day, we were walking down the hall and 1 girl was loudly laughing and talking really bad about a girl, Anita, I had known from 3rd to 6th grade. I had played with her when we were younger and liked her.
In that moment, I said nothing, while everyone laughed. For some reason, I turned around. There was Anita.
She had heard it all. I saw the look on her face. I had wished I had stuck up for her. I tried to go back to her, but she ran off crying. We never spoke again.
That made a huge impact on my life. Still to this day I have 1 friend who does not like 1 of my other friends much. ( They grew up together and I met both as older adults.)
She holds a bit of a grudge from youth. It took a long time, but the 1 learned every time she said something bad about the other, I was going to tell her 5 good things about her! Now she no longer speaks her name which works for me.
Then after 8th grade, I can bet I was a lot worse than most can imagine.
I came to my senses by college though.

Last edited by Summerwillcom; 12-17-2020 at 09:14 PM..

brooks56

Very nice
Old 12-18-2020, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I was very nice as a child. I had a very strict mother who enforced good manners. At school I always listened and respected my teachers and was sometimes the teacher's pet. I was a little lazy at home and my mom did most of the chores.

When my cousins came over, when I was little, I did pinch them all. Can't think of very many things I did wrong, as I was a rule follower. As an adult I have had to work at not being a people pleaser.
brooks56 is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

glass half full or half empty
Old 12-19-2020, 08:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

It depends on your perspective. I attended catholic school until 12th grade. We only had one nightmare nun in 1st grade who was forced into retirement at Christmas time or succumbing to arrest. The others were very strict but kind . . . just like my parents.

Unfortunately I had severe ADD which made me socially, the scape goat to many girl issues. I was impulsive, talkative, and overly excited about many things. I actually loved school despite receiving poor conduct grades for about 1/2 of the elementary years, The other half I was actually praised for my creativity, good nature, wanting to please, never giving up, and honesty. I even was voted in 4th grade most likely to enter the convent. Lololol. I even wrote a letter to God asking him if that was my calling.

I too struggled most of my life with wanting to please.

So I guess I could be a serious thorn in a teacher's side or her breath of fresh air!
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

Brook and luv
Old 12-19-2020, 03:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

Brooke- That is funny being sugar and spice, but being a pincher too! haha
Luv- I think the way they used to teach when we were young, would make any kid have signs of ADD.
Most teachers had us sit long periods of times and girls had a really hard time not talking while boys had a harder time of sitting still.
So much has changed in education since we were kids. ( Group discussions, movement, philosophies, and tech make school easier on kids now.)
I remember the invention of the Smart Board. It probably was 1 of the best inventions in education for me anyways.
There were some skills kids really learned 100X faster and easier to music or demonstrations. It allowed for a lot more movement. Plus, everyone could always see the board.
I know our school moved over to big flat TV's this year. I never got a chance to use them though, so IDK what you can do on them.

LuvsPixieDust

I sat on top of my desk in 1st grade.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

That was the baddest I ever was! The teacher told me I would not get to make a pumpkin craft if I did not get off the desk. That was enough to scare me for all my years of school.
LuvsPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote

Summerwillcom

Pixie-haha
Old 12-21-2020, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

That was a good 1. It is too bad most kids nowadays would complain to their parents and the P would tell the teacher they have to include an offender! You must have been the teacher's dream kid!

GreenBunny

Old 12-28-2020, 12:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

I was quiet and well behaved but I only did the bare minimum of work to get by. My report cards for all of school said "GB is not working up to her potential"...except in spelling in grade 6 where I got an H (honours).
GreenBunny is offline   Reply With Quote