Help

New Teachers

Virtual Nightmare

>

ellesu

Virtual Nightmare
Old 01-25-2021, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just need to vent. Not sure there is a solution, but if I donít unload here I will explode.

My school has about 30 regular ed teachers. Six of us taught virtual only this first semester. The rest were face to face. Virtual teachers were chosen based on medical need and then some just volunteered. Second semester started a few weeks ago. Three of the virtual went back to the regular face to face (because students returned from virtual) and three us stayed virtual. Two of us had to stay due to medical reasons and one teacher volunteered to stay.

Since the second semester started our principal has been so mean to us, virtual teachers. We donít get emails with important info that effects us. We have been given double duty (no reason to give us double, just did) and we have all been given double duty in the most undesirable places. She has said very negative things about the virtual teaching in our staff meetings. She has questioned when our planning times are (implying that we were suppose to be online teaching when we were planning), and she is making us give reading placement tests to other teachersí children during our planning time next week (no, we do not have a union). We have also caught her in numerous lies that show that she realizes what she is doing, but she is trying to cover up her horrible actions.

I donít have an explanation as to why she is being like this. She is NOT the nicest person on a good day, but all of this is over the top for even her. Luckily, I could walk out tomorrow. I have the years in for retirement. However, I donít want to leave my friends in this situation because I know the district nor my principal will do anything to help them, and they will be left to pick up my work.

If someone has advice, I honestly would love to hear it. If anyone is else is in a similar situation, I would love to hear about it and how you are dealing with it. Thank you!

ellesu is offline   Reply With Quote

IA11

Old 01-25-2021, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have not been in your place ó but I would tell you that at some point you have to look after yourself.

If your mental and physical health are suffering, you should feel no remorse in retiring immediately. If your friends are really your friends, they will understand.
IA11 is online now   Reply With Quote

kidsrterrific

Old 01-25-2021, 08:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Virtual teaching and 2020-2021 has been difficult enough. I agree with IA11. If your physical and mental health are suffering you have to place yourself first.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote