Help

National Board Certification

C3 redo ELA AYA

>

Athena17

C3 redo ELA AYA
Old 02-04-2021, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Advice much appreciated! This is my third (and last) attempt at C3. First year I made a 2 with one video revising an essay (small group) and one doing SOAPSTONE (whole class). Last year I made 1.5 with one video brainstorming with an ABC graphic organizer (whole class) before starting a new unit and one video with the students presenting the results of research on an abolitionist. I talked about how they worked on small groups for this, so I wasnít sure if that would be different enough but felt confident that it was excellent student interaction. Now I am just beat down to the point that I donít know what to do to get the 2.5 I need to certify.
Anyone care to tell me what I am doing wrong?

Athena17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Beaglefan

C3
Old 02-05-2021, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How did you do on the other components in relation to C3? What did the feedback say? There is also a group on Facebook for National Board English teacher candidates. Post your question there, too, if you haven’t already. You should get some suggestions from both of these groups. The feedback is generic, that’s true, but there is a section in the General Directions (I think) that breaks the statements down quite well. If your writing for the other components was successful, compare your C3 writing with those.

Last edited by Beaglefan; 02-05-2021 at 04:30 PM.. Reason: Typos
Beaglefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Athena17

Old 02-08-2021, 10:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you Beaglefan. I did well on the other components. I did not think about comparing the writing. That's a great idea!
Athena17 is offline   Reply With Quote