how do you keep all your papers organized? - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

ARCHIVE

how do you keep all your papers organized?

>

ellenalesa

how do you keep all your papers organized?
Old 12-02-2007, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ilt seems like every time I turn around, there are more papers. Yikes! By the end of the day, my desk is a mess. How do you keep things neat?

ellenalesa is offline   Reply With Quote

yesteach

Hanging files
Old 12-02-2007, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I bought one of those metal rolling file carts for hanging files... then I got two more! I love them. I have to have stuff where I can see it.. so everything I use is in those files. I have a large table instead of a desk, and one of them fits under the table, one at the end of the table and one behind it. I use the erasable labels (I found them at the Container Store) and just change them out as I need them.

I have one file for "stuff to be filed" and one for each day of the week (I have different classes every day). If I don't have time to put it where it goes, or am trying to clean up quick for a meeting... I just toss it into the "day" or "to be filed" folder and sort them out at the end of the day or during planning time. At least they aren't scattered all over the place anymore..
yesteach is offline   Reply With Quote

mom2many

Binders
Old 12-08-2007, 03:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have many years of accumulated things! I tear apart all my teacher resources and file them in binders. All my binders are labels with the contents and numbered. I have everything catalogued on Microsoft Access. I keep the most frequently used binders in a bookshelf behind my desk. Others are in cabinets. I am currently trying to condense my collection by giving away things to new teachers. Since I am planning on looking for an administrator's position next year, I am wanting to clean up.
mom2many is offline   Reply With Quote

woodsie79

trays
Old 12-13-2007, 10:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have 4 stacking trays. Each of them has a label: to be filed, to be graded, to be handed back, to be looked at.

I just started it this year and while I still tend to have some things on my desk, it's a lot better than it was.
woodsie79 is offline   Reply With Quote