Reading A-Z - ProTeacher Community

aday

Reading A-Z
Old 12-07-2007, 05:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone had a promo code for joining the Reading a-z website. Also, what is your opinion on this site? Do you recommend it? I struggle every week with Guided Reading lesson plans and I thought this site may make my life a little easier. Any response is appreciated!

aday is offline   Reply With Quote

littlebud

Guided Reading
Old 12-07-2007, 05:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love reading A-Z. We conviced our district to purchase a subscription for this site. They have great books and before, after, during reading plans, as well as worksheets to go alond with the books.

Sorry I do not have a promo code.
littlebud is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I love it too.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've used Readinga-z for years to supplement our reading program, and I love it. Our school pays for anyone to use it that wants it. I don't know have a promo code. Sorry.
linda2671 is online now   Reply With Quote

janicepet

Reading A-Z
Old 12-08-2007, 02:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I don't have a promo code either, but I love reading a-z. I purchased the subscription myself and use it all the time. The plans and worksheets that go along with the books are great. I use the books for guided reading as well as for center activities. I would definetely recommend it.
janicepet is offline   Reply With Quote

Bella Stella

reading a-z
Old 12-08-2007, 07:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It's definitely worth joining. At first, my grade level chipped in and purchased a subscription and LOVED it. Not only are the books great, but there are lesson plans and worksheets to go along with them. And since we need many books for reading workshop book bags, readinga-z has been a lifesaver. Our district now has ordered it for us. We don't use it exclusively, but in conjuction with our authentic guided reading books. I don't have a promo code, but I think you can view some samples on their websites.

Bella Stella is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher8531

love it
Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I love reading a-z! Not only do they have an ENORMOUS amount of guided reading books, but they also have reader's theater scripts, assessments, fluency passages, poetry, phonics sheets, etc. It definitely is worth subscribing!
teacher8531 is offline   Reply With Quote

msharkey

Our District has it also
Old 12-15-2007, 05:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have to admit, though, I have not had time to explore it but I am hearing fabulous things about it.

On a personal note, one of my Kindergartener children (I have twins), brings home an A-Z book every night and her teacher has activities that she does with it. Let me clarify, she brings home the same book for a week. Each week, the book changes.

The activities are simple and require her to reread the book, look back in the book, reinforces sight words, respond to the book. It is truly age appropriate and I cannot believe how much growth she has made since September. She has moved from Pre-A to now, B.

Signed, Proud Mama
Shark

And as a side note - As a first grade teacher and a mommy, I am in awe every day with how my own 2 children are learning how to read in such different ways! It is truly an amazing thing that sends chills up my arm and brings tears to my eyes. To see that excitement when they find a sight word in a book we are reading, on a sign as we are driving, in a menu at a restaurant - it is just fantastic.
msharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
MelissaO

MelissaO

LOVE it
Old 02-16-2009, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I am a first grade teacher and had several kids struggling with reading. Reading a-z was not only a time savor but really helped the kids where they needed it. The stories were great and kids were really involved. Everyone of them improved by leaps and bounds.

Sorry no promo code. It is worth every penny though!!!