There will be no shortage of jobs this year... - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Substitute Teachers

There will be no shortage of jobs this year...

>

mommysubs

There will be no shortage of jobs this year...
Old 08-28-2021, 08:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

...here we have covid mandates to thank for that. I have had 3 requests to work on the first day of school. It's crazy. I guess some people like to be able to choose whether to get the vaccine and maybe they are tired of wearing masks all day everyday. But yes schools here are certainly scrambling to fill many positions...

mommysubs is online now   Reply With Quote

NORCALSUB

Old 08-28-2021, 09:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Same in our districts, multiple emails, phone call from HR to help cover open classrooms. There were at 20 listed in the emails. But as I have stated in another post now way for $200.00 a day. School has be open for 11 days, tons of sub jobs daily, not being filled. I show up to schools and they are so happy. They aren't going to have enough subs to cover training the people are just not there. I don't think unemployment has anything to do with it. There is a huge shortage of bus drivers reason early retirement and they resigned.
NORCALSUB is offline   Reply With Quote

CC96

So Cal
Old 08-28-2021, 09:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

No pay raises in my districts. One not in session yet, one only in session 2 weeksóI saw some jobs, but unless requested by a teacher, due to family issues I will probably not return until October.
CC96 is online now   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 08-28-2021, 10:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Most schools arenít doing anything to protect people. Masks are useless except for n95 at this point. delta spreads that fast. I have friends teaching in one district and they all have hepa filters, but some have no windows. They are getting some of the biggest classes they ever had. This year is going to be a disaster.
Fractured is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 08-29-2021, 05:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Yes this year will certainly be a disaster. No pay raises here either and the secretary was rude on the phone when I inquired whether I was still on their sub list. After working with nice people over the summer, it shocked me back to the reality of how nasty the district staff are to substitute teachers. I work online as well, albeit for much less money, but my husband thinks I should forget subbing altogether this year and focus on teaching our kids, (we are now in our second year of homeschooling), and just do the online job. My mother had severe side effects to the vaccine, and since I react similarly to her, I have no interest in getting it or having my children get it. I don't believe that government personnel should mandate what we put into our bodies. I am by no means anti vax...I am up to date with everything else. I just think that these mandates are wrong especially since it doesn't prevent one from contracting the virus. I don't get the annual flu shots either for that same reason and it is a personal choice as it should be. Sorry for getting on my soap box...just my personal opinion based on personal experience that people shouldn't lose their jobs over this kind of mandate. So yes, schools will be understaffed and it will only get worse if these mandates aren't lifted. I hope that others in other states still have a choice and are not faced with this infringement on personal liberties that we are here. I don't mind wearing the masks all day, even though they don't really do anything either (we had several outbreaks in our schools), but I guess that level of control is just not enough for our government overlords... And if this post gets deleted, be afraid as it signals the death of a once free society.

Lottalove

Our school has positions
Old 08-29-2021, 06:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

open for subs, paras, lunch ladies, janitors, and bus drivers. All low paying jobs that are absolutely essential for the smooth running of the school. Schools are flush with Covid money right now but can't pay a decent wage for these essential services. Go figure...

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the correlation.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 08-29-2021, 07:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Lottalove...my thoughts exactly. And coupled with the low pay are the same insane mandates that highly paid administrators and salaried teachers are faced with. These mandates are not ok for anyone, but I guess it is easier for someone making $50,000-$100,000+ to be ok with these mandates, (the same people who needed subs for an entire week after getting the vaccine and having side effects or coming down with covid a month after being vaccinated and needing me to run their classroom with zero plans), than those of us who would still be living paycheck to paycheck and can see nothing beneficial coming out of these mandates. Similarities in worker shortages are happening in healthcare here as the same vaccine mandate has been passed. It will only be a matter of time before you need to show proof of vaccination to leave your house at all. Then the full vaccine won't be enough...you will be forced to get boosters every few months. When will it end? Mandates are not good for anyone!

Last edited by mommysubs; 08-29-2021 at 07:40 AM..

Ima Teacher

Old 08-29-2021, 09:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We started the year without enough teachers. Many of our teachers arenít certified, but are working on their certifications. There arenít people to take the positions.

Combine that with people being our for illness and quarantine, plus a shortage of subs, and itís a mess.

I donít see it getting any better, which is why I have decided to retire.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 08-29-2021, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Ima, I am glad that you were able to retire. A good teacher friend of mine decided to retire as well. Just too much to deal with on top of an ever-changing curriculum that wasn't changing for the better. My husband and I decided to homeschool our children last year because of everything. It was a difficult decision because the experience of school as we grew up with would have been good for them. But that experience looks like it will no longer be an option and it is sad.

Last edited by mommysubs; 08-29-2021 at 10:16 AM..

broomrider

My district opened on Aug. 9
Old 08-29-2021, 11:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

with 100 long terms subs filling classrooms. Last year the state authorized sub licenses for high school graduates rather than previous minimum of 60 units of college.

The district pays $90/day, $98 after 91 days worked in a year, $106 after 121 days worked. There is no long term pay indicated.

I got a post card addressed to occupant asking people to apply for aide, kitchen, bus driver, and sub positions.

I can't see this being a successful year.

broomrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sirsubalot

Old 08-29-2021, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

My largest and poorest paying desperate district has never given a raise, and I have been with them since 2005. They actually took away $10 about 10 years ago due to budget restrictions that we never got back.

Unemployment benefits is still a factor, which is why more subs will start to work after Labor Day, when all COVID claims will end, regardless of remaining balances.

I work when asked if I am available, even though I take a loss.

I certainly understand, though, why subs do not want to actually lose money to work.

When I work four days instead of three, I do not get the $300 stimulus.

I have lost close to $1000 because I have worked just one extra day a week.

Thank goodness this will end starting Sept 7.

It will not solve the sub shortages, but it will help.
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 08-29-2021, 01:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Broomrider--I hear your frustrations about "using" LTS to take up all teaching responsibility while also not getting paid. This happened to me a few years ago and I vowed to never do another LTS assignment. And yes, teachers are being hired while still uncertified here as well. The worst part about here is that these fresh graduates who are not qualified expect they will be hired to boot. One of them I know of cursed openly in front of students, was always on her phone when she was supposed to be subbing in a class, and would prop her feet up on the teachers' desks. She let the other subs know that she WAS getting a job at that school next year when there wasn't even an opening. She had flunked all her teaching exams but don't you know that she was back the next year with a full time position... And this lack of paying and hiring the competent hard-working educators is just one of the many reasons why our education system is crumbling.

Sirsubalot,

Yes it does seem as though unemployment benefits would have a great deal of influence as well. Personally for me I love working with the kids in the schools, but I am not a fan of being mandated to get a vaccine I do not want in my body. My mother was hospitalized for a massive lung infection two weeks after receiving her second dose. She described that it had felt like a boulder pushing down on her chest when she ended up going to the ER. (This is a woman who went to work after breaking her leg, so that describes the degree of pain she must have felt.) She had been healthy up to that point. Unfortunately these mandates will keep me and many others out of the schools...at least at the in person level. I subbed for all of last school year and did summer school as well. I noticed that it wasn't the usual goofballs in summer school this year, but rather kids who wanted to be successful. The schools are failing these kids in more ways than one. I really enjoy helping the students, so these mandates are devastating to me. I guess it's time to find a new path.

NORCALSUB

Old 08-29-2021, 08:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I'm on the same page as you mommasub. I'm sorry about what happened with your mom, their is lots of information from Doctors in the know about the effects these jabs have on various individuals who take them short term and long term. I will stop working and stay home if it gets to that point. I will not allow my whole future health be determined by the state.

Sublime

Old 08-29-2021, 09:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I had a teacher ask me to work the 2nd and 3rd days of school. By the second week of school jobs were popping up all over. I'm shocked at the # of jobs there are. It's good, though, because I can be picky about where I go
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote

Aillya

Old 09-01-2021, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Kids this year are wild because they're not used to being back, and disease is everywhere. Districts also pushed out a lot of subs when COVID started, and those people didn't come back. It doesn't surprise me that there's no shortage of jobs right now.
Aillya is offline   Reply With Quote

subasaurus

Old 09-01-2021, 01:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

@Aillya

Yep, subbing has been nothing but anarchy and passive aggressive treatment ever since Covid hit. (And it was getting bad even before the virus hit!) Everything has changed. Cannot fathom how insane this school year is going to be. Pandemic politics are through the roof too. Gonna be some angry parents and more arbitrary rules to deal with too, but that's a different nightmare altogether. Ugh.

And I feel like the pandemic has aged the school system ten years already, but not in a productive futuristic way like some people think. Literally all school work is now done via Chromebooks/Google Classroom, so there's no way we can tell if students are doing what they're supposed to be doing. Gone are the days of the sub walking in, being familiar with the work sheets and textbook, maybe showing a science documentary, and reading aloud to the students. Now it's just "independent reading" and the kids watching youtube videos and playing video games 24/7. No teaching required. I have nothing but contempt for it.

But I digress.

You are correct. The way some districts fed subs to the lions was appalling. But sadly not surprising. We were not given any incentive to return, that's for certain.

Many schools will continue to be desperate for help, but for some odd reason they don't understand why there's a sub shortage.

Last edited by subasaurus; 09-01-2021 at 02:20 PM..
subasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 09-01-2021, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

NORCALSUB-- Thank you. I agree with you 100%!! The rights of an individual should not be trampled on by a power hungry state. Where is the "my body my choice" credo now? Guess it only applies to some things...

Sublime--It is true that subs will definitely get to be picky this year!

Aillya--Spot on!

Subasaurus--To think that a district would make that leap to understand the root of sub shortages would require them to actually care...

Unfortunately I may have to enter the school for a job and risk the possibility of interrogation by the pandemic police as our washer just died this week. Gotta love it. If the authoritarians push me to get the vax, they can count on me being "one and done" for the year or until they come to their senses. Unfortunately, I believe it will take them much longer than a year...

NORCALSUB

Old 09-01-2021, 08:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

I have spoke to people who are vaxed and still do not want to go in a classroom. Fear is powerful. I am not fearful just angry at how they have used it against our own people. I can't see a turn around anytime soon. I am being very strategic with the classes I take. I can be picky since there seems to be no one subbing. I just found out that 50 teachers retired and or resigned. They are not alot of candidates applying. The fact is the baby boomers are heading to retirement in large numbers. The next generation don't want to teach if they do they don't stay with it.The demand for so much social re engineering in the classroom is not helping new hires.

Fractured

Old 09-01-2021, 11:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

Stop it with the anti vax and conspiracy bullsh&t already. Save it for your Facebook page.
If you don’t like it, find another job. We’re still in this mess because of people like you. I’ve had it with you guys. Keep it off this page.

Last edited by Fractured; 09-02-2021 at 12:43 AM..

mommysubs

Old 09-02-2021, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

NORCALSUB--Yes the social engineering...the American flag has been replaced by the flag of Antifa in multiple HS classrooms in the district where I work. Students remain seated for the pledge. Honestly those who don't like this country can gladly leave it. I am no longer comfortable going into many of these anti-American classrooms, nor am I going to be forced to put something into my body to enter one. I guess that's why my husband and I have chosen to homeschool our kids. I hope that choice continues to remain an option in our lives.

Fractured--Since when did speaking the truth become a conspiracy? I guess when censorship took precedence. I created this thread to bring up a frustration that I am personally experiencing... Unlike our media moguls, I am not trying to force anyone else to agree with my opinions on the issue. I am glad you made the choice that is best for you and your loved ones. I am making the choice that is best for myself and my loved ones. And no, I will not be entering the schools this year if I am forced to get a vaccine that put my mom in the hospital and does little to prevent contracting and spreading the disease. I pray that my mom is done experiencing side-effects, but she did it to keep her job. It is too bad that schools here are pushing this as a condition of employment because I will really miss helping the kids who are not thriving in this ever-changing educational landscape being forced upon them. I had many of them in summer school and at least one had attempted suicide during the school year. It will absolutely break my heart not to be there for these kids.

Last edited by mommysubs; 09-02-2021 at 06:28 AM..
Bodhimom2
Old 09-02-2021, 07:57 AM
This message has been deleted by Bodhimom2. Reason: Saving my breath about anti-vaxxers and antimaskers

Tapdancesub

Old 09-02-2021, 09:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

All the anti-tax conspiracy folks get to spent a 12 hour shift with my son in the ER and the ICU. Thats all I can say. He's seen more death in a year than many see in their entire professional career. It's not the old and frail as when this started, young kids too. Your rights end, when your decisions impact others. You are the same folks that had your kids vaccinations up to date before they entered school right?
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 09-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

"Your rights end, when your decisions impact others."

This is a loaded statement and I hope you didn't mean this word for word. Withdrawing my kids from school impacts enrollment and how much money received by the district.
Should this mean that I shouldn't have the right to school choice? I build a picket fence around my yard and my neighbor is impacted because she can't let her dog poop on my lawn anymore. Do I lose the right to build a fence on my own property because she wants her dog to use my lawn as a potty place? Like it or not, individual rights are the foundation of our free society for as long as we are still considered free. Yes, my mother also works as a nurse in the ICU. She lost her right to choose because she likes being employed. Now after getting this massive infection and inflammation after the shot she has to have regular lung screenings. The mass in her lungs was so large that at first her doctor thought she had cancer. She has received very sick and dying vaccinated patients just the same as unvaccinated. She is an older woman and as a nurse has seen it all. Yes viruses mutate. We will forever have variants. Yes we have a flu shot too. Does it keep you from getting the flu? No. Wow what did a sub like me do without the vax last year? I worked. I went home. I wore the mask and kept my distance. I sanitized and washed desks and my hands. I showered as soon as I got home. Can't say the same for the middle and high school kids who had their hands all over each other or the teachers that needed their after school happy hours. My state is requiring ONLY unvaccinated staff to get tested weekly until the governor finalizes shot mandates for all. But er...duh...what about the VACCINATED who still get and spread covid? We are NOT going to test them??! This is nothing but a shameless power grab without actual regard for stopping the spread of disease...the message is that if you are vaccinated its ok to spread it...you don't Ned to get tested! I have a kid with kidney disease who gets febrile seizures. Why would I give her a vaccine that doesn't stop you from getting covid and causes fever and inflammation? That will be the next push--for children to get it before they can attend school even though it is known to cause organ inflammation in children. Sorry, but we have made our choice. You make yours.

Last edited by mommysubs; 09-02-2021 at 02:15 PM..

Bodhimom2

Old 09-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

If your mother says her vaxxed and unvaxxed patients are both equally sick, I highly question her. Your family has such a bad physical health history that this could have happened even without the vaccine. It doesn't mean the vaccine caused it just because she had all these physical problems after taking it. Two things can happen, that doesn't mean the first caused the second.
Bodhimom2 is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 09-02-2021, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

Bohimom--You are right I am sure that what happened to my mom was completely random. Afterall to get a massive respiratory infection only a week after getting her second shot even though she had been working with covid patients for over a year since the pandemic began makes perfect sense. Surely it could be an amazing coincidence. Getting this vaccine should be a choice...period. My family does not have a bad physical health history. (Unless you are referring to my child who happened to be born with kidney disease.) My mom has always been in great physical shape and is very active. I would question anyone who doesn't acknowledge the fact that vaccinated people still get sick and spread the disease. I would question anyone who would mandate weekly testing for the unvaccinated ONLY while entirely ignoring the fact that delta spreads and is contracted by the vaccinated just the same... I would question anyone who would think masks are the "new normal" when proven to be just as effective as not wearing them at all. I would question why natural immunity to covid is looked upon as inferior to the vaccine when it has been widely proven otherwise. I would question how effective a vaccine really is when you are going to continuously need to get "booster jabs". But no one seems to be questioning anything these days...

Fractured

Old 09-02-2021, 02:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #25

Anecdotal experience is not the truth. The numbers are out there for who is in the hospital and on ventilators right now. It’s for the unvaccinated. Yes breakthrough cases happen. Yes, everyone can potentially spread the virus.

Vaccine is still the best way to protect yourself. My doctor went to Harvard. I tend to believe them more than anything your mom or you will say about covid.

You said you wouldn’t take a covid test? That’s not an invasion on your rights. If you are in Ca you will have to vaxxed to continue in school. I guess you need to find a new line of work.

You sound like an ignorant person with your love it or leave it attitude about the country. There was one antifa flag I read about. I suggest you take your own advice and leave Ca and subbing if you don’t like the mandates.

word girl

Old 09-02-2021, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #26

Quote:
Yes the social engineering...the American flag has been replaced by the flag of Antifa in multiple HS classrooms in the district where I work.
I don't believe this for a second.
word girl is online now   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 09-02-2021, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #27

Fractured--If it's not on CNN or MSNBC is doesn't happen, right? Yes, I am choosing to do other things that don't involve a vaccine mandate. No I do not believe it is ok to foster hatred for our country in a classroom setting. If you do, then maybe it is you who should switch professions.
Ignorance will catch up with you, but that is not my concern. Enjoy following the piper.

Word girl--Sadly it is true. Fortunately it hasn't reached the middle school yet, but wouldn't be surprised if it does this year. I won't be there to see it.

word girl

Old 09-02-2021, 03:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #28

Quote:
Word girl--Sadly it is true.
Please show pictures or evidence.

Tiamat

Old 09-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

What do you believe you are gaining by refusing vaccination? You run the real risk of losing your livelihood (in my State of Australia public school employees must be vaccinated by 8 November or they're done. Medically unable to be vaccinated will be moved to non-school jobs). This will no doubt spread to many other industries. You run the real risk of losing your life or your ongoing health. Are "freedom" and sticking it to The Man and the ongoing limitations not being vaccinated will impose on your lifestyle going forward really worth that much to you?
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Bodhimom2

Old 09-02-2021, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #30

O.k. mommysubs, you win...

Fractured

Old 09-02-2021, 05:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #31

I donít watch cable news. Donít assume you know anything about my politics. No one is fostering hatred for our country. Dramatic much?

There was one documented case of an antifa flag and that teacher was reprimanded. I highly doubt your district is peppered with antifa flags. As someone else asked, show the proof.

Love it or leave it is a line people use when they donít have much understanding of how this country or the rest of the world works. So, again, the only ignorant one is you. Again, do you have a medical degree? Are you or your mom more educated in medicine than my doctor? Or any doctor? I like how you ducked that part of my post with your rebuttal.

Itís your right not to get the vaccine. Itís not your right to refuse vaccine testing. Itís also the right of an employer to make you get the shot and submit to testing. Like I said, find another line of work. It doesnít seem like most people in CA are going to hire you without having the shot or submitting to testing. Have fun job hunting.

mommysubs

Old 09-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #32

Bodhimom---No...I am doing anything but winning.

Tiamat--I am sorry to hear that it has come down to acceptance of tyranny or losing our livelihoods. I wouldn't have expected to live through a time like this, but here we are. I will forge my own livelihood.

word girl--Do you take pictures of all of the classrooms you sub for and keep an archive? If you do that's just creepy. Sorry, I don't do that.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-02-2021, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #33

Fractured, they get their m.d. from the school of Facebook.

Fractured

Old 09-02-2021, 06:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #34

Agreed, with a PHD in ignorance.

word girl

Old 09-02-2021, 06:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

If I saw multiple classrooms where

Quote:
the American flag has been replaced by the flag of Antifa in multiple HS classrooms in the district where I work.
then yes, I would take pictures and report it to the district or the media.

So, no, I don't believe you.

You know what's creepy? Lying and pushing propaganda.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-02-2021, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #36

Word gal I would take pictures, if I saw that, too.

Fractured

Old 09-02-2021, 07:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #37

Word girl- right and it is supposedly happening in classrooms she doesnít work in anyway. More bs from the bull#####ters. If you say it enough times, it still doesnít make it true.

NORCALSUB

Old 09-02-2021, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #38

Math facts percentage of covid deaths for california population
It's a personal decision. I had 9 members of my family get covid, they all recovered. Now they have immunity. The variants will be ongoing as all virus's will mutate. I get my infromation for my decicison from Doctors who have written peer review papers and are very well known names. Listen to Dr. Zalenko.

Fractured

Old 09-02-2021, 09:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #39

You mean this Dr Zelenko?

The liar?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-drug.amp.html

I’ll listen to my own doctor, thanks. Your family members have limited immunity and can still get reinfected, eps with delta. Keep listening to dudes like this though.

Your math doesn’t factor in those people who are long haul covid patients. Or the 4 million plus people
Who have died worldwide. Two teachers just died in Texas. Keep peddling that bull####.

Tiamat

Old 09-02-2021, 09:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #40

Quote:
Tiamat--I am sorry to hear that it has come down to acceptance of tyranny or losing our livelihoods. I wouldn't have expected to live through a time like this, but here we are. I will forge my own livelihood.
Tyranny? How very dramatic of you. I see it more as commonsense - if you are not vaccinated, you can't safely be employed in schools. Commonsense.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

mommysubs

Old 09-03-2021, 04:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #41

So tell me why VACCINATED staff do not need weekly testing? Why don't YOU get tested? Why is it ok for the vaccinated to spread disease?

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...-mask-guidance

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02187-1

The trainer was vaccinated but tested covid positive, but it is not the trainer who is punished:
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...kpm-story.html

I am sure you were sitting in your basement when this happened:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/yankees...es-8-positive/

As for taking photos of students in classrooms, I just don't do it. Yes, you can get sued for that. Even if I went around snapping photos, what would that prove to the average brainwashed media worshipper who is vaccinated against the facts? You only see what you want to see. Turn on any football game and watch the opening with our national anthem. Anyone with half a brain will see how division is being peddled in this country.

If you will excuse me, I have to go give blood. Treasonous for someone who's unvaccinated, I know!

Last edited by mommysubs; 09-03-2021 at 05:09 AM..

Tapdancesub

Old 09-03-2021, 05:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #42

Yes, mommysubs I meant what I said, exactly as I said it. Your responses are out of context, we are talking about public health. You live in your world I’ll live in mine.
Tapdancesub is online now   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 09-03-2021, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #43

I do think everyone should be tested in a school or workplace, regardless of vax status. Who is saying they are opposed to that? Oh that’s right, no one is. Doubling down on your bs doesn’t help your argument.

Giving blood- what a martyr.

word girl

Old 09-03-2021, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #44

Quote:
As for taking photos of students in classrooms, I just don't do it. Yes, you can get sued for that. Even if I went around snapping photos, what would that prove to the average brainwashed media worshipper who is vaccinated against the facts? You only see what you want to see. Turn on any football game and watch the opening with our national anthem. Anyone with half a brain will see how division is being peddled in this country.
I see a brainwashed Qanon worshipper peddling conspiracy theories. If there were even the slightest chance that there was some school district in this country where, and I quote:

Quote:
the American flag has been replaced by the flag of Antifa in multiple HS classrooms in the district where I work.
Fox News would have a field day.

Here's a piece of advice, next time you lie to try to make some stupid MAGA point, at least try to make it somewhat believable.

And by the way, lying about something stupid and inconsequential such as Antifa flags makes everything else you wrote suspect. So I no longer believe anything you wrote about Covid, your mom the "nurse", her reactions to the vaccine, or her experiences with treating people with Covid.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-03-2021, 07:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #45

I like how she takes one thing and blows it up like that. 1st it was taking pictures of supposed antifa flags in classrooms.

Now we're sending these pictures to the media and taking pictures of students? Did someone say they wanted to take pictures of students? Lol.

Some love to escalate things.

mommysubs

Old 09-03-2021, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #46

Fractured--I am as much a martyr as you are for being vaccinated. I am so glad to hear that you are not opposed to having the vaccinated tested in addition to the unvaccinated. Wonderful! Then practice what you preach. Go out and get weekly tests. You could be the first voice of reason that districts will listen to. Push for ALL staff to be tested weekly in your district (s), regardless of vaccination status. I am not opposed to testing, but I find it absolutely ridiculous that only a small percentage of staff are being tested when ALL staff can contract and spread the disease. Why would it be ok to test an individual who comes in to work once a week four times a month because they are unvaccinated and not test someone who comes in 5 days a week every week of the year because they got the shot? Do you now see where I am coming from? If districts really care about stopping the spread of disease, everyone would be tested.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-03-2021, 07:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #47

So because the district's testing requirements aren't what you think they should be, you jump to the only explanation for that is that the district doesn't care about stopping the spread of covid.

No matter what the district does there will be angry people. It doesn't mean they don't care. They are between a rock and a hard place with the public. Still doesn't mean that don't care.

What it means is that they will never please everyone, no matter what they do. That's why so many ditching education jobs.

mommysubs

Old 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #48

Word Girl--Antifa isn't exactly an organization to be celebrated and promoted in the classroom setting. Enjoy your own ignorance.

Bodhimom--I see so much propaganda when I sub it makes me sick. I do not think that schools are places to force political ideologies. Students should be free to choose for themselves where they align. In the middle school a tech teacher has some conservative political cartoons on his walls. That is not ok either. It goes both ways. But yes I am disturbed when students don't have an American flag in the classroom and are told it's ok to sit down and go on their phone during the pledge. I would not be surprised if some school districts move toward getting rid of the pledge altogether.

mommysubs

Old 09-03-2021, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #49

Bodhimom--that was the entire meaning of this post...that the disproportionate nature of these new mandates is turning away potential employees. And it's not about what I think...it's common sense to test all staff since all staff can spread it. But common sense often takes a backseat these days...

Bodhimom2

Old 09-03-2021, 08:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #50

You have HEARD teachers tell students that it is o.k. to sit down and be on their phones during the pledge, or you're assuming this is taking place (for some reason).

word girl

Old 09-03-2021, 09:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #51

Quote:
Word Girl--Antifa isn't exactly an organization to be celebrated and promoted in the classroom setting. Enjoy your own ignorance.
I don't celebrate Antifa, and never claimed to. You seem confused, possibly ignorant.

I simply don't believe you that:

Quote:
Quote:
But yes I am disturbed when students don't have an American flag in the classroom and are told it's ok to sit down and go on their phone during the pledge.
You know you can't make people stand for the Pledge, right?

Quote:
I see so much propaganda when I sub it makes me sick.
I'm calling BS on this as well.

calumetteach

I feel like people who donít want the vaccine
Old 09-03-2021, 10:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #52

Take their chances on not getting extremely sick. I had a very adverse effect to the shot but Iíd do it again especially after reading these horror stories.

Read the article. http://https://apnews.com/article/bu...183dcbf03a8254

Quote:
ďItís devastating,Ē she said. ďWhere we are right now is avoidable ó we didnít have to go here.Ē

All of the ICU coronavirus patients were generally healthy people who simply didnít get vaccinated, Dr. Bill Dittrich said. Idaho could enact crisis care standards in days, leaving him to make gut-wrenching decisions about who gets life-saving treatment.

ďI donít think anybody will ever be ready to have the kinds of conversations and make the kinds of decisions that weíre concerned weíre going to have to be making in the next several weeks. Iím really terrified,Ē Dittrich said.
calumetteach is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 09-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #53

I don’t see where you’re coming from.

LAUSD is testing all students and staff weekly regardless of status. Most districts don’t have the money or people to do that.

Get my own tests? They are impossible to get right now because we are in a surge caused by people like you who refuse to get a shot. Thanks for that by the way.

Like I said, time for a new job. I agree with word girl about your credibility about all of this. Lots of hysterics, no proof.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-03-2021, 11:48 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #54

I agree with word girl, too. I don't believe any of it, now.

Renea

Old 09-03-2021, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #55

Wordgirl’s comments are most reasonable. Fanning conspiracy flames of Antifa needs to stop. Most of us are anti fascist. Isn’t that why we fought WWII?

Last edited by Renea; 09-03-2021 at 02:26 PM..
Renea is offline   Reply With Quote

NORCALSUB

Old 09-03-2021, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #56

Fractured could not read the link since the new York times would not allow it without subscription. I ran the math simply for California only.

• Current numbers of total cases 4.5 million deaths 66,247 you can calculate the percentage easily.

whd507

whats happening here
Old 09-03-2021, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #57

must be a fox news conspiracy.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021...grabriel-gipe/

must be pretty sneaky to find the only one out there...

https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/07...ime=1500528323

oh wait, she has antifa ties and a flag too...

I only sub one day a week, I drive a truck OTR the rest of the week, ive been in 48 states during the pandemic. what you see on the TV isn't reality. every year about 3 million people die of all causes, 2020 is no different. in fact more people than normal died of typically treatable maladies because they were denied normal treatment in hospitals that were either closed, or restricted by covid.

if this were a real pandemic, we would have dump trucks gathering the bodies off the streets, (like in 1918) but you dont. you would see an increase in flu, but you dont, in fact it dropped about the same number of cases that covid increased.
we learned in 1918 that lockdowns and masks didnt work, we had outdoor schools and hospitals, we learned that UV killed the virus, we even had UV treatments that went down your throat, these old machines were still in use when I was a kid with asthma, but all the acquired knowledge from 1918 just went by the wayside.

Israel is the most vaccinated place on earth, and they are the sickest, (and its the vaccinated that are spreading it)
other nations are banning Israelis entry to their countries. https://www.government.se/press-rele...rth-macedonia/

the PCR test cannot tell covid from the common cold or flu, its not designed to. they ramped up the cycles to make the pandemic look scary to the uninformed.

https://fcpp.org/2021/02/27/pcr-test...or-and-courts/

they will not have a widely available test that distinguishes between them till December, so if it cannot accurately detect covid from the flu, how do you test for the delta variant? (a PCR test) call your health department to see how they determine the delta variant, its a computer model.

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2...Testing_1.html

one of the main inventors of the vaccines says they are not safe, and promotes ivermectin instead

https://www.rwmalonemd.com/about-us

ivermectin has been commonly used in humans for the past 30 years in Africa, (and here) and pandemic supporters are alarmed that African nations that commonly use it are not seeing covid cases

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.21254377v1

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....31.21258081v1

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....29.20222661v1

imagine a vaccine so safe, you have to be threatened to take it, for a malady so deadly you have to be tested to know if you have it?

as teachers we are supposed to be lifelong learners, and taught to source our information, back to the source. we are not supposed to be simply consumers of pre-fed, managed information. hopefully you are teaching your students to think for themselves,not parroting the curriculum at face value, and teaching students to seek out the evidence.

Relying on the media for accurate and complete info is like using Wikipedia as a scholarly resource.

Last edited by whd507; 09-03-2021 at 09:00 PM..
whd507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 09-03-2021, 10:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #58

You are pitching horse dewormer. So, let that sink in.

You are also peddling a lot of bullsh&t and false information here. Iím not even going to waste my time on this one. At best you have a lot of anecdotal information, which doesnít make it cold hard facts.

Bodhimom2

Old 09-04-2021, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #59

I think we can safely say that they've been triggered...

There are a couple of universities doing studies about "whether" people believe Facebook more than other sources, and "if so," why? Lol.

PrivateEyes

Yeah
Old 09-04-2021, 07:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #60

I long for the good old days, when doctors were pitching mold.
PrivateEyes is offline   Reply With Quote

word girl

whd507
Old 09-04-2021, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #61

so nice of you to "research" to attempt to prove mommysubs' dubious claim, but you found two isolated cases, hundreds of miles apart, so that hardly proves that

Quote:
As for what you write about Covid, it is dangerously untrue propaganda. It's real, the death toll is real, and I will rely on science to guide my decisions.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE

Bodhimom2

Old 09-04-2021, 11:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #62

That's awesome!

Summerwillcom

Triggered
Old 09-04-2021, 01:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #63

Quote:
I think we can safely say that they've been triggered...
Yeah, but it looks like you and some others are the ones who got triggered.
The OP was just giving her opinion and experiences.
There was no need for the sarcasm and nastiness.
It goes to show which side was triggered here.
I am not even an antivaxxer. I just get blown away how teachers can be so disrespectful to others.
Summerwillcom is offline   Reply With Quote

bGracie

Old 09-04-2021, 02:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #64

Quote:
I just get blown away how teachers can be so disrespectful to others.
Well, some people can't accept that others are allowed to disagree with them. It raises their blood pressure and makes them be rude and nasty.
bGracie is offline   Reply With Quote

Bodhimom2

Old 09-04-2021, 04:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #65

What I can't believe is how little science education it takes to be a sub (or a teacher).

Equating opinions and experiences to science is just ridiculous, but your family will miss you. Good luck with that one.

mommysubs

Old 09-24-2021, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #66

Bodhimom2--

"Your family will miss you."

Not sure what you are referring to? I am not planning on going anywhere. As much as I love teaching in person, the current dystopian "socialist utopia" is not for me. I will make things work in my own way and make my own choices. Big daddy government doesn't need to tell all grown adults what to put into their bodies and their children's bodies. But yes, enjoy getting boosters 1 through infinity because it is for your own good...Papa Joe said so! (Can you say big pharma kickbacks?)

P.S.--Last time I checked, science is based on evidence gathered from...you guessed it...experiences...

"I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience."
~Patrick Henry

Last edited by mommysubs; 09-24-2021 at 01:16 PM..