Help

National Board Certification

Sub Teacher would like your 2 cents on the NBC program

>

SpaceBandit

Sub Teacher would like your 2 cents on the NBC program
Old 11-16-2021, 04:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello, I earned my teaching credential back in 2015 and found myself subbing the last 6 years. I love my job and have zero interesting in becoming a full time teacher for many reasons. However my credential expires in a few years and since Iím on extension, Iím super unsure as to what to do. Having my credential, though preliminary, has helped me with sub pay bumps (especially now), and I was able to apply for summer online teaching jobs. I am uninterested in doing the induction program but I have been looking into the NBC to get it cleared since I donít want to loose what I worked so hard for. Problem is, when I look up information from people who actually went through it, I canít find much which makes me worried. Even a YouTube Video I just watched seemed like a big advertisement.

So, is this basically the TPA portion of the credential program all over again? Portfolios and testing? How challenging is it? How long on average does it take to complete? Honestly your two cents on the program would be super helpful to see if this is something Iím even capable of doing or even feel its a path I want to take.

SpaceBandit is offline   Reply With Quote

MCk2

Old 11-17-2021, 05:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

One of the requirements for even being eligible to pursue National Board Certification is to have three years of teaching experience. I don't think that subbing would count for that. You would have to ask the National Boards organization though to be sure.
MCk2 is offline   Reply With Quote