Can't wait for our Polar Express Party.... - ProTeacher Community

tish

Can't wait for our Polar Express Party....
Old 12-12-2007, 09:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just got home from spending time at school decorating for our Polar Express party next Thursday. I am decorating a little each day and wanted to get most of it done by this weekend for snow is coming. The room will be completely transformed by next week. I just got done hanging 56 snowflakes in my classroom. It looks like a blizzard has hit the room. Yesterday I put up my white tree with blue decorations. The children love coming into the room each day to see what I have added. Each window has tinsel surrounding them with snowflakes window clings in the middle of them. The students will wear their pajamas to school. They are really excited about that. I bought a new blue robe and slippers to wear for that day. I will read the story to them and then in the afternoon we will watch the movie. Hot chocolate with be served along with (SNOWBALLS) really just white doughnut holes. We will make the candy train out of a lifesaver roll and a few others items. I have an activity booklet for them to work on during the morning. The night before I will decorate the room with blue lights. I have 15 battery operated lanterns which will be turned on. Outside the room, I will be putting down a train track leading to my room made from black electrical tape. Their tickets are already displayed on the bulleting board outside my room. I was able to purchase a Railroad Crossing light that will be beside the track. They will line up outside my room ....I will punch their tickets and blow my train whistle for each student and then only one student at a time will enter the room. I also bought them each their own train whistles and made a necklace with a silver bell on it. I guess the sudents have been talking to their parents and they want to see the room that day. I am telling them they may take a peek before the children come from the breakfast room. I guess I am getting just as excited as the students. Wish me Luck!

tish is offline   Reply With Quote

BookMuncher

Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That sounds AMAZING tish! You've really gone all out and I guarantee you that for as long as they live they will remember that day!

Have fun!
BookMuncher is offline   Reply With Quote

MalibuBarbie

Sounds awesome Tish!
Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Can I come, too?

We're going on the Polar Express next Wednesday. (The movie is on the Disney Channel right now--too bad I missed the hot chocolate scene! Love that)

Anyway, do you have a copy of the letter you sent home asking kids to bring (or wear) pjs to school that day? I can't find mine! We need to send it tomorrow!

Thank!
MalibuBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote

tish

sorry my letter is at school...
Old 12-13-2007, 06:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

but I remember my sentence about the ppajamas. To get into the mood for the party, I am asking students to wear pajamas, nightgowns, and slippers for the day. I titled the letter, "ALL ABOARD THE POLAR EXPRESS." Wish I had the letter here to give to you.
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

MalibuBarbie

That's okay....
Old 12-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just put one together real quick.

We're not planning on having the kids wear them all day....just in the p.m. so the note was really quite easy. Send in pjs, robes and slippers!

Can't wait! It's so fun....I'm excited about the tickets that I found posted here earlier in the week! We've never had boarding passes before.

We'll have hot chocolate with snowman peeps on coffee stir sticks for the kids to stir their hot choc with, we serve peppermint nougat candies (it's like taffy) and mini hershey bars or kisses. I like the "snowball" idea! Very cute!

Can you take digital pictures and post them here? Your room sounds AMAZING! It would be so fun for us (and for you!) to see pictures that show your gradual transformation!

MalibuBarbie is offline   Reply With Quote

liketeaching1

Polar Express
Old 12-13-2007, 08:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Sounds like you have gone the extra "miles"! to arrive at the North Pole. I am like the PP-- you definitely need to take some pictures and attach them.

I plan on doing a "scaled down" version of yours on Wednesday (the day before we get out).

Is this your holiday partY?
liketeaching1 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacherdani21

Old 12-14-2007, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would also LOVE to see pictures. I am doing a very scaled down version of it on Thursday afternoon (the day before we get out of school). The kids will wear their pjs and we will also enjoy hot chocolate, candy canes and doughnuts. I am planning on reading the book to them on Wed. and we will do our "party" on Thursday and watch the movie.
teacherdani21 is offline   Reply With Quote