Help

ARCHIVE

writing a letter to parents

>

pinacolada

writing a letter to parents
Old 12-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

does anyone have a sample letter or any ideas on how to write a letter mid- year introducing yourself as the leave replacement teacher to the parents? i know what i want to say in the body of it but im just stuck on the intro. if i start with greetings my name is ____ and I am going to be your child's teacher for the remainder of this school year. does that make sense? its just the first few lines i need help with

pinacolada is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

What our school has done...
Old 12-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The principal has a bagel breakfast for the parents so they can meet the new teacher. This way, the parents can put a face to your name, and you can informally introduce yourself and chat. If I did it in a letter, I would start with my name and then write how thrilled and excited I was to be chosen for their child's teacher at this point in the year. I would share some background like what your experiences or college training was, and what your educational philosophy is. If you google other teachers' websites, sometimes there's a page where the teacher introduces herself that might be helpful. You might want to include limited personal info that might be shared with the students such as hobbies or favorite foods. I would end it by saying that you are looking forward to meeting them and working with their families, and you are looking forward to building a strong partnership with them as your learning community builds. Once again, best wishes and good luck to you in your new job!
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote