ARCHIVE

Need an Italian or La Befana craft idea

>

new1stteacher

new1stteacher

Need an Italian or La Befana craft idea
Old 12-15-2007, 02:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am doing Italy again. Last year we made little brooms but I would like a new idea for this year if possible. It has to be something that only takes about 10 minutes to do with about 20 kids. TIA!

teachnkids

Can you share?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'd love to hear more about the little broom idea. My sixth grade hall is doing a Christmas Around the World party. Not sure I'll be able to do it then, but since we study Europe I could do it another day this week and still be in curriculum. Thanks in advance!
teachnkids is offline   Reply With Quote
new1stteacher

new1stteacher

brooms
Old 12-16-2007, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They were really lame, that is why I am trying to change crafts! We just cut and glued some frayed yellow construction paper to craft sticks! We only have about 45 minutes to cover all our instruction and activities with 20 first graders. I am reading La Befana, showing them where Italy is, trying a little treat and hopefully making something they can take home with them.
Hookem

Hookem

Might help
Old 12-17-2007, 12:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have 3 crafts (maybe more) that I have used with a group of 12 to 21 kinder aged kids in a 25 minute period. They are all Befana (witch) crafts but different. I can e-mail or fax. Post and let me know which will work. (or e-mail at rose2840@hotmail.com)

stlcardsfan

we made shoes
Old 12-18-2007, 04:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

In my class, we took their milk cartons from lunch and cut the tops off and then I had my class color 2 shoes to tape or glue onto the sides. Then after they leave I put some candy into their shoes (how much depends on their behavior of the day, I also teach 1st/2nd grade) for them to enjoy the next day. They have a blast with it. I hope this helps!

stlcardsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
new1stteacher

new1stteacher

Old 12-18-2007, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks guys! Actually I decided not to do a craft and I am going to read the book, do some geography stuff, and then we are going to sample some Italian cake that I picked up at World Market.

msharkey

May I suggests...
Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

to read Tony's Bread by Tomie DePaola and to share Pannetone with the kids.

I did this yesterday (with a broom activity and a reading of Old Befana by DePaola as well) and the kids LOVED the Pannetone. I have parents emailing me asking where they can get it because their children came home asking for it.

Shark
msharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
new1stteacher

new1stteacher

mssharkey
Old 12-19-2007, 03:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

That is the cake that we ate. Although it is more like bread to me. Anyway that is the first time I have had it too. Most the kids liked it. I have not heard of Tony's bread I will have to check it out. We rotate with other teachers so that our students are able to travel to other countries and we just cover the one country. The kids had fun, but I am so tired!
celicotoronto

celicotoronto

la befana
Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Hi! I know it's July but I needed an activity for a course I'm taking and the shoe cartons is a phenomenal idea!!! Thanks!!
cline

cline

la befana
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

What were the la befana craft ideas you had. I am teaching Kindergartner's about it. Thank you
morris08

morris08

kindergarten teacher
Old 12-08-2008, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I just saw your hookem's message. I am doing Italy for the first time and I need an craft for the kindergarten students that will last for 10 minutes. Please e-mail me at angeline4@embarqmail.com.