Help

Career Decisions

Resigned and now what?

>

tatapatch

Resigned and now what?
Old 08-04-2022, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I resigned my position at a new school system I was going to teach at. The expectations were crazy and the school wasn't accredited by the state in the subject I was supposed to teach. The Dept. of Ed. for my state was going to come in and when that happens, it means more work for teachers. I decided to leave, after 13 years of teaching.

I contemplated leaving several times, anyways. I truly wasn't happy, the stress got to me, etc. I am/was tired of thinking of teaching and doing "teacher" things all of the time.

Now, I'm not sure what my future holds. Anyone have any job ideas that are good for former teachers? I'm not saying I will never go back into education, but for now, I need a break to see what's in my future.

tatapatch is offline   Reply With Quote

luvtulearn

Old 08-06-2022, 09:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

--If you like the teaching part and making a difference with a student then would you try tutoring on a professional level.That need is great in all areas. You could further your training and specialize in certain areas or methodologies?

--I don't know what educational consultants require or make in your neck of the woods. Working for a text book company giving inservice or doing research .

--Adult education . I know those that really enjoyed this. Not really full time but good benefits.

--library science areas

I guess the question to ask is would you be willing to go back to school? speech therapy , occupational therapy?????
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

overthemoon

Old 08-07-2022, 02:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think you made the right decision going with your instincts and leaving. Depending on how much you need to earn and what grade level you want to teach, I can think of a few options. If you teach younger children, you could try a position with a private preschool. You don't make much money but the stress is not there and you actually get to enjoy teaching. Also, have you considered working in a library? There are many former teachers who work at my local library, especially in the children's department. You could also try teaching adults. When I was in a non-teaching job, I had to take some training to learn some computer software and the instructor was a former teacher. She said she enjoyed teaching but now did not like to deal with all the behavior problems. You might also become a trainer for early childhood if you have any experience at that level. All of the preschool teachers in my state have to complete training of so many professional development hours each year, and hire people to come in and provide professional development sessions. I hope you find something you like. Best of luck.
overthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote