valentine holder - ProTeacher Community

mkr

valentine holder
Old 12-30-2007, 04:19 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm looking for a new idea to hold children's valentines.

I've been making the plate animal ones for years and they just don't hold enough cards.

Thanks

mkr is offline   Reply With Quote

GoTeachers

Old 12-30-2007, 07:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I taught Kinder I found these and they turn out SO cute! They are called Beastie Bottles. Check them out here (scroll down until you see Beastie Container):

http://www.kinderteacher.com/ValentineIdeas.htm

I moved to first grade a couple of years ago and I would do them in first BUT my old Kinder team still does them and I don't want them to do them two years in a row! You will LOVE the results! I have gotten Barbies, lions, robots, turtles, bees, lady bugs, and MUCH more.

P.S. It's an awesome site with lots of great ideas!

Last edited by GoTeachers; 12-30-2007 at 12:00 PM..
GoTeachers is offline   Reply With Quote

ecsmom

Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We use white lunch bags and let the kids decorate them with hearts cut from construction paper, crayons, stickers,ect. I usually do this the day before our party and sit them on a shelf so that the kids can go down the row and put in their cards.
ecsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Timsmom

Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have the kids bring in empty tissue boxes (the long ones work better than the square ones). I cut the tops off them and wrap them in brown paper. The kids trace and cut out and bear head and arms. They make a face on the bear and glue that inside the back of the tissue box so it sticks up. They glue the paws on the front of the tissue bok on the ends and then I give them a heart with thier name on it that they glue on the front. So when its all done, it looks like the bear is hugging the box with the child's name in a heart in between the paws.
Timsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

gateachk5

cute
Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

that sounds really cute. Do you have a picture of it. I'm such a visual learner!
Last year I started making a Valentine book. A set of construction paper sheets cut out to make large hearts, stapled together for the book. The class gets to glue their valentines into it, kind of like a scrapbook. They even glue some of the envelopes, if their friends names are written it. The love it and the parents have told me that they keep them to READ alot.

gateachk5 is offline   Reply With Quote