Carnival Booth Ideas - ProTeacher Community

L8 4 School

Carnival Booth Ideas
Old 01-03-2008, 12:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our carnvial is scheduled for the end of Feb. and I ma looking for some ideas for booths. So far I've come up with:
fishing pond
nail painting
ring toss
tattoos
photo booth
cupcake walk
dance spot
I know there's a million clever ideas out there, and I can't wait to hear them!!
Thanks!

L8 4 School is offline   Reply With Quote

busybee

Old 01-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Fun! I love our school carnival. We do a bean bag toss. A parent made a clown with cutouts to use. We also have a tennis ball throw. The balls are thrown into a net that has circles painted on it. Hope the carnival is a huge success!
busybee is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeDeb

Old 01-03-2008, 12:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The beauty salon was a popular booth at our Fall Carnival. The boys and girls loved getting their hair colored, blue, green, pink! Karaoke was also very popular this year! About three years ago, our room moms rented an electonic bull. (I can't think of the right name!) The line never ended! The kids and adults loved it!!! Have fun!!!
2ndGradeDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

booth ideas
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

face paint (last year my school just did fake tattoos)

here is a really good one:
my sons' school has a Kissing Booth--it's actually held behind a curtain in a counselor's room so you can't see---i think they give you a hershey's kiss, but the cute part is they have a lips stamp, and they stamp your face with it! (almost no cost!) and you see TONS of kids running around their carnival with several kisses!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

ee

carnival ideas
Old 01-03-2008, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We played Bingo for books in the media center.

snack walk (like a cake walk but kids picked out bags of chips, a box of Little Debbies, bag of cookies, 2 liter bottle of soda, etc

We made a huge amount of money when our art teacher had each class do a project for sale at the silent auction. We had decorated shower curtains, trays, etc that each class made in art and they sold or a fortune because there was only one and most of the kids parents wanted the one from their child's class. We also auctioned off janitor, principal and librarian for a day. Those were very popular. (Janitor brought in the most:-)

Face painting was also popular

We have done super twister with dots painted on a large piece of tarp that got taped to the floor with everyone trying to touch the correct color with the correct body part. Ours is big enough that 30+ kids can play at a time.

ee is offline   Reply With Quote

busytchr

Carnival Games
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Fun post!
A popular game at our school's carnival was the football toss. Rings were hung from the ceiling (beginning with rings the size of a hula-hoop) and you would try to throw a football through a ring. The smaller the ring, the higher the points.
busytchr is offline   Reply With Quote

tat2

School Carnival Vet's Ideas
Old 01-04-2008, 04:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Hit the Teacher With a Wet Sponge: My idea and burden. Hugely popular, even with the parents.

Basketball toss-used portable goals

Pick Up Ducks: wading pool filled with ducks( available at Oriental Trading)

Bubble(gum) Blowing Contest: Popular because gum's usually a no no

Advanced Spelling: Allowed students to take steps toward prize board if correct; end of the line if missed

Dress up the Teacher : Hit Garage sales. Good Will for outragous items to dress a teacher... tie this in with problem solving/ academics standardized test review...use a digital camera to photo results as keep sake
tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Jo fa sho

Jo fa sho

4th of July Carnival
Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

This were such great ideas! Thank you so much. You help me and my friend out a lot. We had to make and run a booth for a 4th of July carnival. We made a lot of money from it. Thank you!

angel77

Loonie Jars
Old 06-24-2008, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

A few years back we had a carnival and one bigseller was the "Loonie " jars (here in Canada we call our dollar a loonie)
We asked families to donate jars filled with items - for eg. - gums, small toys, marbles, hugs and kisses, pencils, - you name it, people filled them. We had over 400 donated.
Then people drew a number from a basket and that was the jar they got.
angel77 is offline   Reply With Quote