Valentine Bulletin Boards - ProTeacher Community

PollyK

Valentine Bulletin Boards
Old 01-08-2008, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need an idea to create a 10 foot bulletin board in our school hallway for Valentines Day. It will be my first "official" board for the building - I'm a first year newbie and I have done great in the classroom, but need more creative juices to impress the peers. Anyone have any stunning ideas?
PollyK

PollyK is offline   Reply With Quote

3gradeteacher

the heart
Old 01-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I do one in conjunction with Black History Month. students pick someone to do research on, illustrate a picture

I make a big heart out of pink or red paper so that it opens up
I write the name of the important person on the front

Bulletin board title is
THe Heart OF Black History

THe kids love to do it and it is a great message
3gradeteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

tat2

Bulletin Board ideas
Old 01-08-2008, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

1. Out of foil or foil wrapping paper, make kisses. Get the class roles of teachers to cut and have as the papers. These kisses could be large enough on which to display children's work.
2. Combine the idea of hearts with health...Display healthy snacks, exercise tips, and include a stethoscope so kids can hear their heartbeat...
3. Love theme...create love stationery...a simple form ,perhaps, to write about who or what and illustrations Who loves you baby?
4. Create a cut out of hearts, or candy...Large enough for a child's face to peek through(a hole). Photogragh kids with a digital camera...Let's face it ...we're adorable!
tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote

tat2

Another...
Old 01-08-2008, 07:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Life's Like a Box of Chocolates...create a 3 dimensional box to display...Never Know What you're gonna Get... Display the ideas of what kids will be when they grow up...
tat2 is offline   Reply With Quote

ccteacher

Cute project idea!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Years ago I latched onto this idea from my cooperating teacher when I student-taught.

She secretly sent a letter home to parents in January. Inside it she sent a die-cut heart. She asked parents to fill the heart with words describing their child. (You could tweak it to be a favorite memory.) She also asked them to send in a baby/toddler picture of their child. She mounted the photos with the descriptions and people could try to guess who each student was.

I always include a current school picture under a flap with their name so that people can confirm their guesses.

It turns out so cute and it's up for conferences, so it gets a big audience!

I can't belive it's already time to start thinking about Valentine's Day...

ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

mom2boys

wouldn't you love to know
Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We did a hallway board one year with picture of the teachers as young children mounted on hearts. The caption was "Wouldn't you love to know who these sweethearts are?" At the end of the month, we put the name up under each picture. Even the teacher enjoyed that one.
mom2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Jenagain

Old 01-09-2008, 07:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

One of my favorite Valentine's art projects is to have the kids make heart animals. That means every part of the animal has to be heart shaped. We go over how to make thick heart, curvy hearts and skinny hearts. We also talk about which side to use, whether we need the pointy side (e.g. for cat ears) or the round side (e.g. a pig's body). The kids have always been super creative doing this open ended project.
Jenagain is offline   Reply With Quote

alibaba

random acts of kindness
Old 01-11-2008, 03:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Post hearts that students and teachers write random acts of kindness on.
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote

JKB

Friends See Things Heart to Heart...
Old 01-11-2008, 10:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I am always promoting children to be kind and respectful to others. For this activity, I write each student's name on the top of a piece of paper-one for each student. Below that, I number it according to how many students are in my classroom. (For example, last year, I numbered it 1-28.)

*Each of my students have their own numbers, according to where their name is located in my grade book.

To start this activity, I randomly pass out one page to each student. Then, next to their own number, they have to write ONE or TWO words-nice words-that describe the student who is named on the top of it. Then, they pass the pages to the next person. Child #1 will always write his response on line number 1, child #20 will always write her response on line 20, etc.

One important detail is that the children cannot write the same words that have already been written by another child. So, if child #3 writes "sweet"......then nobody else can write that same word on that paper!

In the beginning, it is easy to write one or two words, but after several rotations, it gets to be more challenging. At that point, I encourage my children to use a Thesaurus to get more synonyms for the words they want to use.

By the time the lists have been rotated throughout the classroom, there is a master list of descriptive words for each student.

Then, I collect them and read their word choices. A few times, the words were not really positive, but I knew who wrote them by their number. In those cases, I went back to them and told them they had to make a better choice.

Once all the lists were complete, I cut out large white hearts, backed by large red hearts. Then, I wrote each child's name in the center of the heart. I paperclipped each list to the hearts and passed them back around again. Then, the children wrote their words from the list on the white heart.

After that, I made a huge heart with the title "Friends See Things Heart to Heart" and I posted all the students' hearts around it. It was amazing to see how much they liked reading them! When I decided to change the bulletin board, I gave each student their heart to keep.

Just recently, I ran into a student that I taught in 3rd grade. He is now attending college and he told me he still has his heart!

JKB
JKB is offline   Reply With Quote

5th4me

thankful hearts
Old 01-12-2008, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I just saw an idea on a 100 days of school website. Have enough heart cutouts for each class. Have each student write what he/she is thankful for and display them. When the teacher took it down, she saved them and put them into a book (scrapbook) for the principal. The principal loved the bulletin board so much, so the teacher decided to make it a keepsake.
Lots of great ideas to choose from!
5th4me is offline   Reply With Quote
2daughters

2daughters

church teacher
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Cover the back with red or pink paper then put 1st grade sweeties (whatever class it is that you teach) then cut out small diffrent colored hearts (resembling the small heart candies) and write your students name in the hearts.
Sherrie

Sherrie

Know it all....:)
Old 01-13-2009, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

If the bulletin board is in a location where many could see... a cute idea would be...
Title: The heart of ( name of school)
a GIANT puffed or flat heart in the middle
and have at least 100 empty much smaller heart available (lets say on a table with tape) with pens and makers for all the children in the school to sign their name and place on the bulletin board AND wall once the board gets crowded.....
Janelle078

Janelle078

100 days of school and valentines board
Old 01-21-2009, 04:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

we have about the same size in our main hallway of the school. I cut out 450 hearts and gave to all the teachers with a note letting them know all the kids need to write what they love about our school. Then I collect them from the office. The board is titled : "100 reasons why we (heart cut out) our school"

then we form the hearts into the number 100 and post all their comments. Then while parents come or new visitors they see and read why OUR school is so great. Then the teachers and staff feel the love when reading them and inspires them to keep doing the good they are doing. Makes everyone feel good!

Janelle