AR Theme - ProTeacher Community

msjamie2

AR Theme
Old 01-20-2008, 07:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Each year my school does a school wide AR theme and as a class you work toward set targets to find clues that. The highest point class in each grade level helps dig up the treasure this year (we have a pirate theme.) I'm on the committee for next year I need some ideas/suggestions of themes and end of the year small prizes for the whole school. One suggestion I had was "The Amazing Race" we would travel to the 4 Oceans and 7 Continents. There will be clues so you know which place you are traveling too. Each class would have a passport in their classroom to let you know where they have been. I'm just having a hard time coming up what could be the big prize at the end for all students?

msjamie2 is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

books
Old 01-20-2008, 08:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you could go to all your bookstores and contact the book clubs and get donations of books. (we did this 2 years in a row!) you could also contact book companies like permabound--and check with your language arts supervisors to see if s/he has any extra books lying around.

give each child a book at the end of their "trip" because:
"Books take you places." (imaginatively and professionally) you could get local celebrities come and talk about how reading impacted their lives and helped them in their careers.
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

kismet3024

"travel with a book"
Old 01-20-2008, 09:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

is our AR theme this year. Upstart promotions has plenty of things to go along with a travel theme. They have bookmarks decorated to look like tickets to each of the continents. They also have reading passports that the kids can use to keep track of their journeys.

Perhaps you could have an "international theme" party at the end of the year.
kismet3024 is offline   Reply With Quote

oceandiva

Thank you for the travel ideas
Old 07-14-2009, 08:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I never knew about Upstart. I am inspired about doing a travel theme in my 5th grade classroom.
oceandiva is offline   Reply With Quote