Help

ARCHIVE

Silent Auction Ideas Needed Fast!

>

lovenoodle

Silent Auction Ideas Needed Fast!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school is having a Diamond and Denim Silent Auction, dinner, and dance to raise money for a new playground. Teachers have been asked to donate something for the silent auction. I want to do something clever and fun, but I cannot think of ANYTHING. Other teachers are taking kids on nature hikes, local history field trips, or letting kids teach for one hour in their classes. Any ideas?

lovenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

connorsmom020

Baskets
Old 02-07-2008, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We made huge$$ at church one year by creating theme baskets and then silent auctioning them. One was a gardening basket--seeds, gloves, small tools, water can, knee board, etc.

Another was coffee--books, different kinds of coffee, mugs, cookies, etc

Baking--utensils, cook books, muffin/cookie mixes, apron

movie--DVD's, popcorn, candy, video rental coupons

Hope this helps--these are all of the ideas I can remember, but make it fit your theme & it will sale!!
connorsmom020 is offline   Reply With Quote

lovetoteach3

Silent Auction
Old 02-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Our school has a silent auction every year. The teachers either donate their time and are auctioned off. Some ideas were bowling, laser tag, manicure/pedicure, hockey game, theatre and lunch, etc. For the past three years I have been auctioned for a theatre play and lunch.

Also, one year the classroom teachers decided to make something with their students. This was a huge $$$ maker. Some ideas were a garden wheelbarrow and have each childs hand prints connect upside down to make a caterpillars body. I added the facial features and flowers. The students thumb prints became lady bugs and bees. It turned out very cute. Another teacher used kind of the same idea for wooden lounge chairs. Lastly, a quilt made by the students.

Hope this helps.
lovetoteach3 is offline   Reply With Quote

TTT

One year
Old 02-08-2008, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I did an ice cream social in my classroom after school for six kids. Then we played a bunch of games. It was fun and raised $70.

This year our team is thinking about a "Wake Up With..." and having games in the gym before school. We'd serve munchkins, juice, and fruit before everyone leaves for class.

Good luck! Please let us know what you decide!
TTT is offline   Reply With Quote

ismile

Themed Baskets
Old 02-08-2008, 06:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We do theme baskets every year at our silent auction as well. The baskets that get bidded the highest seem to be scrapbooking and then our state college rival teams- Ducks and Beaver paraphanellia.

ismile is offline   Reply With Quote

TTT

Ismile
Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

What type of scrapbooking baskets? Are they scrapbooks made of a particular classroom or are they scrapbooking materials?

Great idea!

ismile

materials
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Items that scrapbookers use- fun papers, stickers, scissors, photo corners, embellishments, empty scrapbook, ribbons, buttons, etc. Perhaps you have a mom in your room that is a scrapbooker that could head this up in your classroom.
ismile is offline   Reply With Quote

TTT

Fabulous idea! :)
Old 02-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing Have a great weekend!

elmosjeep

Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

A teacher at my school does movie day..she takestwo kids to the movies and gets them popcorn...lets them pick the movie "G" rated of course!
its always a huge hit and raises a ton of money!
elmosjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

luvmycat

fun ideas
Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Great ideas! For about 5 years now, a colleague and I have offered a hike on a Saturday, with deli sandwiches. Last year it was amazing what we got for that one!
I have had pizza making parties for a group. Some teachers do milk and cookies with a bedtime story at the kids' home. Others have had bowling parties, soap making afternoons etc.
A real easy one is to let a kid be teacher for a day. We often buddy up with another teacher or 2 and one of us goes out and gets a kid's meal from a fast food restaurant and they get to have lunch in the staff room. They help with transitions, lining up, giving spelling tests, and have often come in with an art activity to share with the class.

This year, I am going to make a few sets of canvas bags decorated by students for green shopping bags.
luvmycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Tman

Tman

Time with Teacher
Old 03-18-2008, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Our school has had a silent auction for over 7 years. Time with teacher is a great fundrasier since the cost is very low and the demand is very high. Lower grades (K-1) have always been successful with having the teacher come to your home and read a bedtime story and tuck them in. Easy to do if your teachers are cooperative. Of course we have also had fly a kite, bowling, Chuck E. Cheese, Color me Mine, teacher/ principal for a day. Good Luck with your auction

Mrs. O

We are doing a pop basket
Old 03-18-2008, 11:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We are collecting anything with POP in it. PopRocks, Soda Pop, Poppers (confetti things), etc.

We are also doing a Mom's Day Out basket, with gift certificates for hair and nails, lotions, etc.

Last year we auctioned off a Guinea Pig, food and cage. It went for $250.00 because of a bidding war. One of my students won, and I had a class pet for the rest of the year.
Mrs. O is offline   Reply With Quote
wendyp

wendyp

silent auction ideas
Old 03-23-2009, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

Our school does a huge auction every year and some of the hottest items are anything made by the kids. They do anything from a small wooden bench painted white with each of the children's thumb print and their name painted on it. They have done a flower pot and small child size rocking chair with finger prints turned into insects and flowers and other critters. The senior class always does a big plate.