Help

ARCHIVE

Fundraising Efforts

>

Tmteach00

Fundraising Efforts
Old 02-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our school will be having a new technology teacher next year, we are very interested in raising some MAJOR money for our schools technology program. I am interested in getting some feedback from you about any fundraising ideas you have, or sucessful efforts at your school.

thanks!

MS Math

beef jerky
Old 02-10-2008, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

When I coached track, we sold 3 flavors of beef jerky. Since it was school-sponsored, I was allowed to sell it to my students (middle school) during the day. It was very popular. I wish I could remember the company's name. I remember they also sold candy, but we wanted something more healthy.
Good luck.

2ndGradeDeb

Old 02-10-2008, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My school does a jog-a-thon and sells free dress passes. We make between $1,000 to $500 for each event! They are both easy because there is nothing to buy. We just print out a sponsor sheet and free dress tickets! The students enjoy both!

KarinT

Butter Braids
Old 02-10-2008, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

is one of my favorite fund-raisers our school does. They are like a danish, they come frozen and in different flavors. YUM!!!

Tmteach00

awesome!
Old 02-10-2008, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

these ideas are great! keep them coming!

Kim in La

Fundraiser
Old 02-10-2008, 06:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I recently held a Mardi Gras Gold loose change fundraiser for my library. I had the kids bring in loose change for one week, and each class had a special container. We collected over $1,400 in one week...all in loose change! The class that collected the most got special Mardi Gras beads, a pizza party, and a new book. The money was used to purchase new AR books.

speeder1

We are holding a Trivia Night
Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

This coming weekend for Special Olympics.

It costs each team $100 to enter with 6-10 individuals per team (We average 20-25 teams). We give T-Shirts to the first and second place teams and the winning team gets to keep a team trophy for one year. Also during this event we sell tickets for a chance to win a Weber Gas Grill and 50/50 tickets. The grill alone last year brought in $2700 dollars. We have free hotdogs and soda for people on the teams but we always put up a donation jar, which gets full.

This fundraiser alone last year raised about $7000.

This is the 10th year and the same teams keep coming back.

If you would like more information let me know.

Groovy Gal

Ask Bill Clinton
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

to donate his tax refund to your school. He seems to think we all don't need it, but I would like mine please. I've thought of writing him myself and letting him know our school really needs a lot of technology that is hard to get through grant money and fundraising.

He could get all of his democratic rich friends to donate their tax money and really make a difference in the schools for once.

ccteacher

smencils
Old 02-12-2008, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

There's always someone selling "smencils" around our school. They're really neat scented pencils made out of recycled newspaper instead of wood. They come in a ton of scents and the kids go ga-ga over them! You can order them directly from the manufacturer in bulk (just google it). I think the price ends up being about 50 cents. Then they sell the pencils to kids for $1.

Last edited by ccteacher; 02-12-2008 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: typo

Jenny

quiz night
Old 02-12-2008, 11:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

quiz nights are always good money makers for us. One school I was at had a golf tournament (a country school), it was a corporate thing so they got businesses to enter teams and made a tournament around one of the local farms. They had novelty holes, like get the ball into the tractor etc and 'normal' holes. It was a massive money maker (like several thousand dollars) but was also massive effort to set up. I think the reason that it made so much money was 2 reasons. firstly we were getting the money from businesses (quite a few issued challenges to competing firms!) rather than the usual parents and core community group. All the parents had to do was the organisation, not the paying. Secondly the idea was completely unique, noone else did that sort of thing, so they got a ton of support.

Funnygirl

Go green!
Old 02-13-2008, 05:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Our fifth grade sold the new ecologically sound light bulbs and made a lot of money! Plus you can feel good about helping the environment!

Lodi 3rd

Golfing for Education
Old 02-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Do you have a local golf course? Between our local grocery store and golf course they have an annual Golf Tournament called "golfing for Education" We raise $10,000 or more a year. The entry fee is $150 per golfer, the teachers work the registration, prep, hole in one contest, etc. The grocery store has their suppliers donate $$, players in teams of 4, and there are tons of prizes that are donated. The hole in one prize has been an Escalade in the past years---on one has won it yet.

For our computer lab we did "Brother can you Spare a Dime" and the kids, parents and teachers walked to the state capital for donations. This is a 100 mile march. The local assemblyman got us some funding and we received a donation from ATT!! The whole process is documented on the wall of the lab like a giant scrapbook. We have 32 apple imacs, 2 laser printers, internet, lcd projector. In the next year we are going under reconstruction-finally the district is paying attention to our needs-we will be without a computer lab for a year but when all is said and done we will have a new, bigger lab with new computers--that's what they say.

Good luck with your fundraising.