Kindergarten Roundup - ProTeacher Community

joshie73

Kindergarten Roundup
Old 02-11-2008, 06:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Looking for themes/ideas for Kindergarten Roundup? Would you please share?

Thank you,

Emily

joshie73 is offline   Reply With Quote

AddieJ

our kdg roundup - rough outline
Old 02-12-2008, 02:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

we've always used the cowboy theme and have themed coloring pages for younger siblings to do (with a parent volunteer to help out.)

I post student work - samples from every month, I lay out our student made books to look at, and I lay out some reading/math manipulatives for kids and parents to explore.

We have a short informational meeting - overview of program, daily schedule, goals I have, etc.

I always ask a small group (4 or 5) of my current students to come in to demonstrate some things for the parents. The children first recite our Daily Affirmation and then recite our classroom expectations. Then they sing our Continent Song and Oceans song. Lastly we do a short demo of a reading lesson with each child reading something from their storybooks.

We do the meeting in the cafeteria and at the end take a tour of the kindergarten classrooms. (Otherwise I've found that the children tear the rooms apart and it's much louder in the classroom to hear the speakers.)

I hope that helps
AddieJ is offline   Reply With Quote