Help

ARCHIVE

School Safety

>

Phelan

School Safety
Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What are the concerns that you have about your schools safety?

Our principal is divided into two buildings and there is no administrator available when he is out.

What do you deal with in your building?

javamomma

school safety
Old 02-11-2008, 11:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I worry a lot about natural disasters or a fire. We have not gone over general safety rules/procedures in years and that was with an old principal.
I mean we know how to exit the building for fire drills and tornado drills. But what if one of these were ever the real deal? What if something happened? I am afraid chaos would reign because teachers would not know what to do/where to go/ ect.

GraceK

Old 02-11-2008, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Earthquake. All our rooms are freestanding, and in the event of an earthquake, there are so many power poles on campus with transformers and all. It is hard to find a safe place to be if you are already outside.

Additionally, because of the design of the campus and the ages of students (K-12), I worry sometimes about older students who are not supervised sharing space with the little ones.

Also, if we were to have a true lockdown, I worry about how we would all be informed! No PA system, no quick way of notifying classrooms to lock down. We have a horn we blare, but *one* person has it, and the office, which is in the back of the campus, would have to notify that person to use it. Everyone else is stuck!

2ndGradeDeb

Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

My biggest concern is a "crazy" person coming on campus. My school is not in the best area! I also worry about any kind of natural disaster! Our disaster plan is also not the best and I would want to be with my family!