Premier Jewelry parties - ProTeacher Community

TeacherLisa1st

Premier Jewelry parties
Old 03-05-2008, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Anyone else ever been to one of these? My old friend hosted one the other night and I went - more to see her than anything. Anyway, I found it to be terrible as far as the pressure to buy!! Plus at the beginning the lady went on and on about how it is a Christian organization and blah blah blah. I know its founded by a Christian, but give me a break - its a business, plain and simple. And to keep going on about religion at a sales thing is shameful!! They are trying to manipulate people into buying stuff because its a "Christian organization." Ugh, I find that so disturbing.

And the pressure to buy stuff....Maybe it was just this distributor, but geez.... she was having us write down our favorite rings "just to have them handy" on the order form before we even started shopping at the end!! She waited ten minutes for us to look through 3 pages of rings and write them down. You know it was a ploy for us to already have them written and then give it to her at the end without a hassle, and spend $400!!
I was so annoyed with it. That and the fact that she went on for about an hour about how you too can become a distributor and get this and this and this....ugh. Between that and then the silly games I had about had enough after 15 minutes - too bad it lasted 2 hours!! It really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I bought one pair of earrings and crossed off all those rings on my order form. She was a little surprised...

I think I just don't like salespeople and parties like this. Hope I didn't offend anyone who is into it.

Ok, I'm done with my rant!

mein10

Me too
Old 03-05-2008, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had the same thing happen. I had a "party" and did get some nice jewely which has now turned "black". I hate to admit it but I see virtually the same jewelry at Target. I won't get sucked in again. I did really like some of the pieces but the prices are too high for the imitation jewelry that it is. I'll wait for clearance rack prices at Target from now on.

RANT ON!!!

woodsie79

Premier
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I went to one of these several years ago. We must have just had a good demonstrator. Ours was very professional, easy going, and not pushy at all.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I know I've been to other "home parties" where they've been really bad like the one you described. Makes you never want to accept one of those invites again.

imacacher

Sooo not my thing, but we had fun before Xmas
Old 03-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm NOT the jewelry/candle/Tastefully Simple party type of gal. Leave me alone--I buy what I want to buy!

But anyhow, a good friend had a party before Christmas at her house. There were only about 20 of us there--family and friends. The presenter was also a teacher, so it was a short and practical demonstration for us.

I bought one necklace and I do wear it occassionaly, but I'd prefer to just wear my simple diamond necklace instead.

I'm sure it all depends on the presenter, but our party wasn't bad at all!

TeachtoScrap

Not a jewelry fan...
Old 03-05-2008, 04:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

In fact I went to one of these last JUL and the item I bought is STILL in the package.

Let's just say between getting two small kids out the door and myself, I am lucky if I brushed my teeth let alone: accessorized!

bucki

I had a good experience
Old 03-05-2008, 04:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I bought a matching necklace and earrings and wear them all of the time. I've had them for several years.

I used to sell discovery toys so I know how it is to do these kind of parties. I do buy what I want and never feel pressured.

BioAdoptMom3

Old 03-05-2008, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I went to one of these a few months ago. My chain has already turned green. As for the pushiness, I didn't find the pressure to buy as great as the pressure to be a distributor or to host a party. We had a lot of games too and they all served one purpose, so that got old to me too.

Nancy

danateach93

Old 03-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

A friend of mine sells premier & is so NOT like that. The only reason I found out about the christianness is because I saw the page w/Jesus fish jewelry. The stuff I have bought has held up well. I don't think your presenter was very good. I have been to a bunch of those parties - my excuse to get out of the house. I only buy what I want to buy & if I don't like anything, then it is a "no sale" for me. Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

ivgotahalo

Old 03-06-2008, 06:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I just went to one too and saw that I could make about half of the necklaces in there for a fraction of the cost they want for them. I made an $88 necklace for 4 bucks!! When the woman who had the party dropped the one (cheapest) thing i did buy, I was wearing it and she commented that she didn't think I had that one. I told her I didn't...I made it.. She was floored....

Lottalove

You should get a hint at the
Old 03-06-2008, 10:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

markup involved in these prices when the presenter goes over how much you can "make" if you host a party or become a consultant. Just think if the "party" makes $400 (for example) and the consultant gets $200 then then host gets so much and the occasional $100 bonus and the company STILL makes money and has money to pay for the jewelry, the jewelry has to be worth very little.

I spent a couple years supplementing my sub wages by selling costume jewelry at country fairs and craft shows on the weekends. I bought the same stuff at the Jewerly outlets and off the internet for about 1/20 of the price. The Premier lady I confronted said "oh, but ours is special made---blah-blah-blah-your source must have just copied us."" Funny though, it had the same inscriptions, exact lengths/sizes and even the same packaging in one case...