last day for student teacher - ProTeacher Community

tk5

last day for student teacher
Old 03-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I currently have a student teacher. Her last day will be April 3rd. Does anyone have any good ideas for going away gifts and/or activities to do on her last day.

tk5 is offline   Reply With Quote

tampamom

thank you gift ideas
Old 03-16-2008, 05:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

In the past I have had my students write a letter with helpful hints on what makes a great teacher. I usually go to Michaels and buy one of those canvas tote bags and put her name on it with those sticker fabric letters. In the bag, I put a read aloud book we shared that semester, a beginning teacher book (i think this year it was something about "things I'd wished I'd known my first year teaching) and some extra math manipulatives I had around the class (I teach math/science). I think practical is the way to go... you could always do a target gift card/teacher supply store card.
tampamom is offline   Reply With Quote

tk5

recommendation letter from students
Old 03-17-2008, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Somebody suggested that my students write a recommendation letter, "Dear Principal," stating why they would be the best teacher for the job. I thought this was an excellent idea. Not only will it give my students practice at letter writing, but it would make a great keepsake.
tk5 is offline   Reply With Quote

cjn

5th Grade Teacher
Old 03-18-2008, 06:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I read The Important Book to the children. Then each child writes a page about the student teacher. These are bound and given to the student teacher.
cjn is offline   Reply With Quote

lthompson

student teacher
Old 03-19-2008, 12:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

You could also make her a survival kit---an Easy Grader, some highlighters, post-its, a magnetic clip, etc. They would be practical and encouraging as she becomes more professional.

lthompson is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacher7

Student teacher gifts
Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I completed student teaching in 2006 in a first grade classroom. The teacher had the students put their hand print on a page and then write something to me. SHe made a book. It made me cry!
Teacher7 is offline   Reply With Quote
gift

gift

gift
Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My cooperating teacher got the parents to donate school supplies that I could use in my classroom next yera. It was awesome because I had a whole basket of things to start off the year with!! She also put together a book that the kids had made for me. She was the best!!

myoung

student teacher gift
Old 03-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

When I student taught, my CT had each child send in a book (like from a Scholastic order) and they made me a book basket to begin my classroom library. She printed off book plates and each student wrote a message to me on the inside. She also took the proofs from their school picture and made a huge poster, which they all signed. It was really sweet.
myoung is offline   Reply With Quote

ckwong

Something different..
Old 03-26-2008, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I finished student teaching last year. My cooperating teacher was big on having time and things for "you." So, she gave me a nice plant, a gift certificate for Kohls and Chili's. She asked the students parents to also send in gifts, these were school supplies and book store gifts. I must admit, I can really understand the gifts for "me," as for years all you do is work towards your dream of being a teacher and buying things you need for the classroom - AND neglecting YOU!
ckwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Mrs. L.

Mrs. L.

male or female
Old 03-26-2008, 07:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

We just had our good-bye celebration last week. This year I had a male student teacher, so we celebrated by having hot cocoa and donuts while reading each others final writing piece that he had been working ith them on. Writers could also read theirs outloud in 2 separate corners. "Fancy" paper was placed on each student's desk so that every reader would write a specific positive comment about the paper they just read.

The gift bag we gave our student teacher included a gift certificate from a teacher store, timer, disenfectant gel, note cards and pad, frame with class picture, cool ball for quiet ball, etc.

I usually get a canvas bag, and using fabric pens, the students write an idea or tip on it, and then we fill it with "stuff" for their own classroom, but this student teacher carried a brief case and backpack.