Help

ARCHIVE

SmartBoard software?

>

Jalon

SmartBoard software?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'll have a SmartBoard next year and am thinking about downloading the SmartBoard software for Windows that allows you to create lessons on your home computer. Has anyone done this? Is it easy/user friendly?
Thanks in advance!

Jalon is offline   Reply With Quote

clanna

Old 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It is easy to use. However, I didn't download it. It was installed with the disc that came with my SmartBoard. You will love the SmartBoard. There are lots of lessons already created ready to use from many sites on the internet.
clanna is offline   Reply With Quote

dolmansaxlil

Old 03-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I downloaded it several months before I got my board, and it was the best thing I ever did! It's REALLY easy to use. I found that when the board showed up in my room, I was ready to use it, because I was already familiar with the software.
dolmansaxlil is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

No problem doing it
Old 03-23-2008, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I downloaded the software including the Gallery items when I got my SmartBoard, and had no problems downloading it and using it. It has been a real blessing to be able to plan the lessons at home and send them to school. You'll love your SmartBoard.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

teachdawg

Old 03-23-2008, 04:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm sorry to butt in, but along the same lines...does anyone use an ActivBoard? Do you get the software with it? Do you like it?

teachdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

alicej

Smartboard
Old 03-23-2008, 04:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am so wanting one of these after reading all the positive information. I am researching grants to help pay for it. How did you guys get yours?? Any help would be appreciated.
alicej is offline   Reply With Quote

School Time

Yes, you can download it
Old 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Smartboard software can be downloaded onto your home computer. In addition to the activities that the company has on their website, there are many more available on the internet. When I have looked, I have just typed in the topic "AND Smartboard." I have found a lot! If your school has any e-books (on-line versions of your textbooks), they can also be used on the Smartboard. I love my Smartboard!
School Time is offline   Reply With Quote

girlymom

yes
Old 03-24-2008, 06:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

If you donwload the software not only can you make your own lessons but you can open all the lessons on smattech.com that are already done. While I rarely find lessons that I like, I very often use the lessons they provide and alter them to suit my purposes.
girlymom is offline   Reply With Quote

soph

Software
Old 03-24-2008, 07:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

As long as your school district has smartboards, you may legally download the software on your computer. When version 10 is released this spring, you will need the serial number of your smartboard to download the software. It is easy to use, especially with all the tutorials on the web. I would recommend getting it before you get your board to start creating stuff and looking at stuff already created. I love my smartboard.
soph is offline   Reply With Quote

Jalon

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I'm planning on getting a new computer at home this summer (mine is on its last leg and not reliable) and will download the software. My new job is in a district that has one of the top technology programs and tech support in the state and they are putting SmartBoards in all elem. rooms, over the course of time. My new principal was thrilled with my technology skills when I interviewed (skills which I can't fully use where I currently teach) and is putting one of the 4 new ones in our building in my room. Threre are already 7 or 8 in the various classrooms. I'm so excited! It's great to hear the software is easy to use and all the other options I have!! Thanks for the responses!

Jalon is offline   Reply With Quote

OklahomaK

It's wonderful
Old 03-25-2008, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I downloaded the software for my home computer and it is great! The only problem I have with it is because I have a mac and my computer at school is a pc. So sometimes I try to do something on my mac and it won't let me but at school it will. I make the activities at home and then email them to myself and then I can open then back up at school. Its very nice! I love my smartboard and use it multiple times a day!
OklahomaK is offline   Reply With Quote