ARCHIVE

F.R.O.G. Binder

>

Hom603

Hom603

F.R.O.G. Binder
Old 03-25-2008, 12:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Early in the school year there was a discussion about different ways to organize take home binders to communicate with parents. There were many clever names but I really like the F.R.O.G. one to go along with my frog theme.

choochie61

Moose
Old 03-25-2008, 03:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

No one in my school uses one but I started using one in the Fall. Mine stands for Makes Organizing Our Schoolwork Easy. Parents love it and it has made my life a whole lot easier!
choochie61 is offline   Reply With Quote

teacher609

F.r.o.g. Logs
Old 03-25-2008, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Several of us at my school use F.R.O.G. LOGS - For Really Organized Guys/Girls! It really does help with organization, and the parents LOVE them! On the inside I have the following.. 1 - zipper pouch for lunch money, 2 - clear sleeve with directions on how to use the Log and our class schedule, 3 - pocket folder for notes home and notes to be returned, 4 - pocket folder for homework assignments, 5 - pocket folder for papers to keep at home. All of the folders are 3-hole punched. I also have labels on the outside of each pocket folder and on each pocket, so the students know exactly what goes in each folder. I've used them for the past 4 years. The most time consuming part is putting them together at the beginning of the year, but my assistant handles that for me. Hope they work for you!
teacher609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keeli0307

Victory books
Old 03-25-2008, 07:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use a binder that we call Victory books. Victory stands for Very Important Communication To Organize Responsible Youth. In the binder I have 2 folders (one school and one home). I also have a dictionary and a pouch for their spelling words. It is great! This is my second year using them, and I will use them for a long time to come.
Keeli0307 is offline   Reply With Quote

maggieq

S.T.A.R. folders
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I teach 2nd grade and I used S.T.A.R. folders this year. Students Taking Awesome Responsibility It's organized much like Teacher609's. It has been an awesome way to keep the little darlin's organized and parents love it! What I'm wondering is- what grade level do you all teach? I'm moving to 5th grade next year and wonder if they are used at that level.

maggieq is offline   Reply With Quote

Keeli0307

Victory books
Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I teach 2nd. I have seen them used at 1st too. I think that they can be used at 5th. It can help them get ready for middle school.

apple annie

Question
Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I understand the organizational part of the binders, having different sections and all, but how do you USE them, exactly? Do your students turn them in every day and you check them? How do you work it in to your schedule. Do they keep them at their desks all day? And if so, do they fit? (That's a big issue for me!) I want to try them.
apple annie is online now   Reply With Quote

2teachertoo

S.T.A.R. folders in 5th
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I think they would be wonderful for 5th graders.
I am the only one using them in my building and one of my parents made one for her 4th grade daughter because she thought they were so great. I'd say go for it, it's never too late to learn how to be organized and it will be a great prep for Jr. High. Good Luck!
2teachertoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Keeli0307

All communication
Old 03-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

All communication between me and home is done through the binders. I have two folders in mine. One is for school. Anything that we are working on in school goes in this folder. The other folder is a home folder. One side is homework (not a lot in 2nd grade). The other side I call, Take Home Stay Home. Anything put in this side stays at home. I have a dictionary at the beginning of it. Anytime they need a word spelled, it is added to this dictionary. There is also a pouch in front. Their spelling words are on index cards and they are kept in this pouch all week. Notes from home come to me through the home folder. The binders go home everyday, and come back everyday.

christina4062

I use a HORSE
Old 03-31-2008, 02:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

and my families LOVE it. Last year was my first year teaching and my kids just had a "homework folder"... no good way to communicate with parents.

My families have loved their HORSE!

Here's a link to more info about my HORSE if anyone's interested!

http://www.teacherweb.com/MI/Central...ridge/AP10.stm

christina4062 is offline   Reply With Quote

cdixon

christina4062 - wow!
Old 04-01-2008, 07:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I just checked out your website and no wonder you've received numerous awards - what a fabulous website you have. Great job -thanks for sharing! I have a long way to go.... : )
cdixon is offline   Reply With Quote

kerilyn137

Old 04-10-2008, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I use FROG books (For Really Organized Guys/ Gals)
They're pretty much organized the way everyone else has described. I give them to my kids the third week of school, or after whenever Back to School Night is so I can explain to the parents what they are. I ask for a $5-6 donation to cover costs. For the first month or so, I have the kids take them home and bring them back to school. Every morning we check to make sure everyone has everything they need in their book, if there are any notes, etc. After that first month, they pretty much know to give me notes, so we don't check every morning. I do remind kids to bring their FROG books in, though. Some put them in their desks, others leave them on the floor under their desks (our desks are very small). If they forget their FROG book, they write their name on the board and have to run two laps. If they lose their FROG book, they have to pay $6 to replace it. The two kids who lost their books had to pay for them out of their allowance. This is the second year I've used the books and I love them. They make the kids so much more organized and they help me with the amount of papers we deal with. Notices, flyers, newsletters all go home on Fridays in the Friday Folder. Work we've corrected in class goes home right away in the Super Duper work. Work they haven't finished goes home in Unfinished work, etc.
kerilyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote