Ideas For Principal's Retirement - ProTeacher Community

ABBA

Ideas For Principal's Retirement
Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our principal is retiring this year. The teachers from each grade level are supposed to prepare a short poem or song for her retirement dinner. My grade level team is having a hard time coming up with ideas. Does anyone have an ideas for us? We have about 8 weeks left to put something together. Thanks for your help.

bertie

bertie

song
Old 04-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

How about a piggyback song....one thing I saw that was funny was based on the 12 days of Christmas...

On the first day of school, Mrs Smith said to me
Please sign up for committees on time

On the second day of school Mrs Smith said to me
I need your schedules
and please sign up for committees on time

On the third day of school, Mrs Smith said to me
here is your class list
I need your schedules
and please sign up for those da* committees on time

You get the picture.

Another idea my staff used for a favorite retiree was a giant card made like a rebus, with chocolate bars and treats glued on for some of the words, like this...

Dear Mr GOODBAR
We think you are such a SMARTIE, and your time here was worth a MILLION. We don't want to be NERDS, and give you NUTS N HONEY but instead we want to be SWEETHEARTS and give you HUGS and KISSES for all the PEP and especially the EXTRA effort you put in

......something like that works best if you get two or three quick witted people together to shop at a few candy displays and then sit down with some wine to make up the card. At the retirement you just have to read it to him/her and then give them the card as a tasty souvineer.

DebS.

DebS.

Retirement Idea
Old 04-21-2006, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One year we did a Top Ten Reasons to Retire Poster. Kind of like the David letterman thing. It was really funny.

RRay

RRay

another idea
Old 04-21-2006, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

When a principal retired, I gave him a gift bag with several items in it...
a roll of pennies...one for each time we wondered what the BD boy in my room could possibly have been thinking when... a bag of lemon drops ..to sweeten the day...a roll of Lifesavers to save the day...that sort of thing. He was really pleased!

Mr.L

Acrostic
Old 04-22-2006, 07:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

When my prinicpal retired, my grade level wrote an acrostic with his name and had it framed for him.

Millions of hours of hard work
Really nice to those kindergarteners

Smiling in the halls... You get the idea
M
I
T
H