End of year skit - ProTeacher Community

kutia

End of year skit
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi y'all
Our school is having an end of the year show. We're presenting awards, etc. My class gets about five minutes to do a skit, sing a song, or something. This is my first year, so I'm not really sure of any good ideas. Does anyone have suggestions? I've got 19 kids.

kutia is offline   Reply With Quote

elephant

We did the same thing...
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Last year was our first year doing that, too. It was a success. We had seven 3rd grade classes doing it. My homeroom didn't perform anything, but instead got a standing ovation for their part in the program. They were in charge of presenting a slide show, sending out the invitations, hanging decorations, and putting out 200 chairs for parents to sit. Another homeroom sat on the side and taught cheers to the parents to do after each performance. One homeroom did a cultural dance. A language arts teacher had her homeroom go down the line and give an adjective about how the year was for them. One teacher had students read math poems. A science teacher had her homeroom sing and act out the 12 Days of Fitness (instead of Christmas!). Then, we passed out the awards in envelopes and the kids sat with their parents to open the envelopes.

I need some ideas, too, for this year, so I hope some others post some ideas. I was hoping for some kind of math skit.
elephant is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

poem in 2 voices
Old 04-25-2008, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

do you remember that book: Joyful Noise: Poems for 2 Voices? example: section for worker bees to talk and then the queen bee tells her side?

i found this recently and thought it would be neat to do at the end of the year:

http://memory.loc.gov/learn/lessons/99/fear/poem2.html
tia is offline   Reply With Quote