lunch count/attendance - ProTeacher Community

Gayle

Gayle

lunch count/attendance
Old 08-21-2005, 09:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone have a really great way that they children can come in and somehow record/graph/put a clip/whatever way to do a morning lunch count and attendance without me calling out the names?

Erica

Popsickle sticks
Old 08-30-2005, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Hi Gayle. As part of theirn morning routine, my fifth graders check that they are present or tardy on the attendance sheet. Then they find the popsickle stick with their name on it (all of them are in a container that says "Lunch from Home" or something like that) and place it into the "School Lunch" container. When the attendance is collected, I usually double check that everyone has signed in and done the lunch count. Then I indicate the number of school lunches at the bottom of the attendance sheet. I hope this helps. It isn;t too creative but it works! Good luck and God bless
Erica is offline   Reply With Quote

ddecaldwell

Lunch/Attendance
Old 08-31-2005, 04:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a business size magnet for every child in my room. I have an area marked lunch one marked packed. Every morning they just place their magnet in the right area/
ddecaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote

stephanie

Attendance/Lunch count
Old 08-31-2005, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We have 3 choices for lunch each day or students can bring their lunch. I have a piece of 12x18 posterboard divided into four sections (in half both ways). Students put a clothespin with their name on it on the section of their choice. Oh, the sections are labeled Choice 1, Choice 2, PBJ, and Sack Lunch. Each morning I have one of my students write the lunch count on a piece of paper and bring it to me to double check. It is that students responsibility to be sure all classmates have chosen lunch for the day. If all lunch clips are up, all are here. By looking in the lunch clip basket, I know at a glance what students are absent for the day.
stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote

K/1 Teacher

lunch count
Old 09-02-2005, 04:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I just have 2 cups, one labeled hot and one labeled cold. Each student has a card with his/her name on it and it needs to be put into one of the cups in the morning. Any cards remaining are students who are absent.

K/1 Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndgradeteacher

Lunch Count
Old 09-02-2005, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I too use a poster board system for lunch count and attendance. On my board each student has a pocket with their name on the outside (the pockets are actually small envelopes that were cut in half and laminated) At the bottom of the chart I have 4 pockets, each pocket has a different colored set of paper strips. When the student arrives in the morning that look at the lunch choices, which I write above the chart, and choose the colored strip that matches their choice (regular, alternate, PBJ or Packer). I know when someone is absent if their pocket is empty.
2ndgradeteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

iteachk-1

Old 09-03-2005, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I use a large circle cut from posterboard. It is divided into three sections- absent, school lunch,and home lunch. I found clip art to represent school lunch, a lunch box, and an empty desk for the non-readers. The students move their clothespin from absent to the proper section. Each afternoon before dismissal a student moves all the pins to absent so the chart is ready for the next morning.
iteachk-1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Seriously

lunch count/attendance
Old 09-05-2005, 07:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Last year I made a lunch chart that was divided into 3 sections (choice 1, choice 2, and pack). I placed velcro down each section. Each child has a small name tag velcro'd on their desk. Every morning my kids come in and they have to make their lunch choice first thing. I really like this method, because I get the lunch count done easily and before the tardy bell. If there is someone absent it is very easy to record.

Last year, I started the year out asking each child what they wanted for lunch and HATED IT!!! So, I came up with my chart and love it!!! Not only does it help me, but the kids each day are taking part in graphing (one of my Standards of Learning)!
Seriously is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach 5

lunch count
Old 10-01-2005, 01:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I made a sign in sheet on my computer. It is a like a spreadsheet with their names & two choices; pack or buy. They check in by checking the appropriate lunch choice. That way I can tell if somebody is absent & how many students are buying lunch. You can add other lunch choices if needed. The slips hang on the board in a "magnet man" which has a pen tied to a string attached to it.
I've tried the clothespins, graphs, etc. But this is the easiest thing, I've ever done.
Teach 5 is offline   Reply With Quote