Question about Lesson Plan Format - ProTeacher Community

Mrs.W.2008

Question about Lesson Plan Format
Old 05-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Does anyone know what the lesson plan format called (and pronounced like) "EATS" is about? I'm not sure if the format is really spelled "EATS" is or what the letters stand for other than the E is for Essential Question.

Thanks.

Mrs.W.2008 is offline   Reply With Quote

k5

k5

Eats
Old 05-08-2008, 03:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

E=essential question
A=activating strategy
T=teaching strategy
S=summarizing strategy

EATS is apart of Max Thompson's Learning Focused Theory. You shape your lesson plan around a question: How do we add numbers? Then you post the question on a BB. You discuss question and preview vocabulary needed for the lesson. Then you activate which is anything relevant to the question that gets the students excited. The teaching strategies generally include graphic organizers and cooperative learning. Then the lessons end with some sort of student summarizing what they learned, ticket out the door, 3-2-1, etc.
Our county has adopted Learning Focused and we need to show student learning, with BB learning maps and we need to have EQ's in our lesson plans. I hope I answered your question.