Field Day T-Shirt Ideas anyone? - ProTeacher Community

CD

Field Day T-Shirt Ideas anyone?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has done any cool T-shirts ideas for Field Day...I am looking for some ideas!!

Thanks

CD is offline   Reply With Quote

gaazed

Old 05-10-2008, 04:24 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The art teacher at our school picks the week before our picnic day to do tye dye shirts with the kids. Each grade has two colors that is already picked for them. During Art, the kids wrap their shirts and she dyes them there. Each student brings in their own white t-shirt (she tells them to buy Fruit of the Loom or Hanes) and a plastic bag to transport the shirt back home in. When the students get home, they have to rinse them and let them dry. The students love this and are excited by it every year. It is neat to see all the different color combinations for each grade level.
gaazed is offline   Reply With Quote

GoTeachers

Old 05-10-2008, 04:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The Kindergarten team at my school just did Tie Dyed shirts and they are so adorable. They asked for each child to bring in a plain white t-shirt. Some parents even sent in the 3 packs of Hanes and they had extras for those that didn't bring them. They bought a $20 tie dye kit and the directions are in there. One of the teachers stamped animals along the bottom of hers.

Another idea is fabric paint. You could have them bring in a shirt and you could water it down a bit and put it in a pan big enough for their foot and you could let them "stamp" their feet on the shirt and write their name. I say feet because it's field day and they'll be running. You could also use stamps of balls and stuff to go around the feet.

Hope this sparks some ideas for you.
GoTeachers is offline   Reply With Quote
jonna

jonna

Friendship shirts
Old 05-11-2008, 01:06 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We make friendship shirts on plain white T-shirts. they are called that because all the friends help make it. You stretch a portion of the shirt over a large plastic cup. (The cup catches any liquid that drips through) Put a rubber band around the cup to hold the shirt tight. With permanent markers, make dots, stripes, stars, etc. Next drip alcohol on the marker and the colors diffuse making a tie dyed effect. We pass the shirt on to the next friend and he finds a blank spot on the shirt to put a design. I write their names/year on the front with black sharpie. They turn out very cool.

teach 1st

shirts
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have done several differnt kinds over the years. Parents always love them... but they are not happening this year. College and life got in the way. Anyways, One year I did everyone's hand print then wrote their name under the hand. Cute, but hard to get 22 first graders on their small shirts. Another year I copied each child's picture onto the iron on transfer paper for the computer. Then cut them out and ironed them on. Everyone's shirt had everyone's picture. THen the children signed close to their picture. The last few years has been a lot easier! I put a class picture in the middle using the iron on transfer. I then let each child sign each t shirt.

teach 1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Tonya

Tonya

field day shirt
Old 05-13-2008, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Last year we had shirts made for our theme which was pirate day. They turned out very cute. This year our theme is barnyard and we have barns on the back and the school year on the left side of the front. They are cute too.
Tonya
3rd TN

dusty may

Old 05-14-2008, 03:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I paint my hand with fabric paint and stamp my hand on the shirt with my four fingers together and my thumb separate, sideways...hard to explain, but it looks like a fish (I draw face on after its dried). I do the same with the child's hand and on the bottom, I write "First Grade was FIN-tastic!"
dusty may is offline   Reply With Quote

CD

Old 05-14-2008, 07:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Wow!!! Thanks for all the great ideas!
CD is offline   Reply With Quote