retirement skit - ProTeacher Community

ready to go

ready to go

retirement skit
Old 05-26-2008, 11:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My co-worker is going to retire this week after 30 years in the classroom. Each grade level was asked to come up with a skit that will be videoed and then replayed at her retirement luncheon. Any ideas??
I could sure use your help!!
thanks

vazzy

Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We just did a little skit this past Thursday for a co-worker that is retiring. We used a book, Clean Up Your Room, Mrs. McBloom!, scanned it, put it into a slideshow and took pictures of her classroom to go along with the story and then read it to the guests. It was hilarious because this co-worker has things piled up all over, including in her closet. (you can't really walk anywhere in her room without bumping into something) Her room looked just like the book. We then took pictures of all of us (there are 9 of us in all for our grade level) with an item from her room that represented her. For example, she is a nut about decorative tableclothes. She has one for every month, holiday, etc. They were all piled up in her closet. Someone from our team chose that to take a picture with and wrapped herself in all of them.

After the book, we rewrote a song from Grease about her and performed for her.

This was presented at a retirement dinner. Everyone applauded and laughed, including the guest of honor.

I know how hard it is to come up with an idea. We had a difficult time. Hope this gives you an idea.
vazzy is offline   Reply With Quote

mrssimon2gr

We just did a
Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

"This is your life" skit----
we needed to come up with people from her past--- one of her uncles came, a teacher she worked with long ago, a teacher that had both of her sons (now retired), etc...
They were behind a curtain and said some awfully nice things about her and then came out to reveal who they were- I think she knew the voices!
I had to cry when her uncle was talking ---it was just so sweet.

I hope this is another idea for you

Kym
mrssimon2gr is offline   Reply With Quote

stella.ivey

ready to go
Old 05-27-2008, 08:56 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

thanks for your ideas!!
I hope you both have a great summer!
stella.ivey is offline   Reply With Quote