Help

ARCHIVE

shaving cream?

>

shazam

shaving cream?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Do you use shaving cream to clean desks? I did it once and my desks did not seem clean...I felt like there was a film on them. But I know students love it, and I loved it as a student.

Do you just have them rub it in? Then what do you wipe them with? Or do you just skip the shaving cream altogether? Thanks!

shazam is offline   Reply With Quote

AMDucky

Old 05-28-2008, 02:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Shaving cream fight is more like it! WOW, I've never heard of this to clean desks! We have cleaned the desks using Sanitizer, students just rub it in!

When I graduated High school, Seniors got out a few days early, we were allowed to have this HUGE Shaving CREAM fight in the Senior parking lot ... it was so much fun! Seniors got out of school earlier in the day that day as well, so it was only Seniors that participated! It was awesome!!!! Ahhh Memories!!
AMDucky is offline   Reply With Quote

FLteacherAMM

silvercat
Old 05-28-2008, 03:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I agree with you. Two years ago we did shaving cream. I thought I only gave them a little, but I guess it was too much. Anyway, they had fun playing with it on their desks, but it was difficult to get all the way off. Some of them had so much that they had to get rags to wipe the rest off. In the end, I thought there was a film on all the desks and I rewiped them all down. It was fun, but I probably won't do it again. Last year I just gave them a bunch of baby wipes. Not as fun, but easier and cleaner.
FLteacherAMM is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach3abc

Shaving Cream
Old 05-28-2008, 03:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Maybe it's a certain kind of desk it works on? I always have mine put it on before lunch and when we get back it wipes right off. I use paper towels first and then baby wipes to get the shine back. Happy Summer!!!
Teach3abc is offline   Reply With Quote

mojo

bubbles
Old 05-28-2008, 03:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have a fellow teacher who does bubbles! She mixes a concoction (?) and gives them straws. They have a BLAST. It really does clean their desks. I have to ask her for the recipe. I'll check back tomorrow if you're interested. She always makes it for me and like I said the kids absolutely love it.

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote

caroleu

Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I found shaving cream to leave a sticky film also. Now I just use baby wipes. One for inside, one for the top. I do have to demonstrate how to use them (even when I taught 6th). Otherwise they bunch them up into a wad and wipe the dirt around. I actually taught them to spread it out and then turn it over to get maximum cleaning surface. There should be a math lesson in that, don't you think?
caroleu is offline   Reply With Quote

icare

Fun!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My students loved it!! But I did have use a baby wipe afterward to remove it all. It was worth it.
icare is offline   Reply With Quote

LuvstoTeach

Fun with shaving cream
Old 05-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I agree with Icare--my students love it every time I have used shaving cream. When I feel they are finished playing with it, I go around with a spray bottle, and spray their desks with a lot of water. I then hand them a paper towel, they clean their desks--no film, and the room smells wonderful!
LuvstoTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Kermit

Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Buy the cheap stuff. I don't know what it's called but it starts with a B. I use it and we do cursive practice or spelling practice with it. Then we clean the tables. It does leave a bit of a film, but if you wipe it with paper towels and water, they LOVE it. I do it only once a year or maybe twice!

I will probably do it in the next couple weeks before school lets out.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote