Recognizing Parent Volunteers?? - ProTeacher Community

Erica S

Recognizing Parent Volunteers??
Old 05-29-2008, 06:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

What sorts of things do you do to recognize/thank the parent volunteers you had over the year?? Looking for a quick poem/activity to do...Thanks!

Erica S is offline   Reply With Quote

teachersrule

Thank You to Parents
Old 05-29-2008, 07:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I currently am working at a private school for the parents association, while I am going to school doing my student teaching. We have alot of parent volunteers, so we thank them by taking them to lunch, giving them school memorabilia and always sending them thank you letters.

However for your parents, a cute idea would to take a casual group photo of the entire class, make sure their child is in the front row, and paste it onto a piece of cardstock or poster board. Then, have each child sign the paper and jot a little thank you note. That way it is a project the whole class can participate in, and I know the parents will love it more than any type of item you could buy them. Also, on top of the page, you could print the parent volunteer's name with a tag-line.

You can have all the parent volunteers come into class, and the kids can present them with their gift.
teachersrule is offline   Reply With Quote

TTT

Thank you
Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My kids paint smooth, symmetrical rocks like ladybugs. (We do a rock unit in science so the kids think it's cool). We wrap them in tulle and I attach this poem with curling ribbon:

A ladybug we've made with love
to set among your flowers
as a reminder that we adore you
and appreciate your hours.

You can make substitutions for any of the words.
TTT is offline   Reply With Quote

SanDiego3rd

This is one idea...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I tried something new this year. I photographed my class holding HUGE letters to spell out THANK YOU ! I had the photo made into mousepads (Costco online) for the parent volunteers such as my room mom, art mom, and book club mom. I also had the photos made into greeting cards (also Costco online) and I will use the cards for classroom volunteers, birthday moms, etc.
SanDiego3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Kermit

Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I buy canvas bags at Michael's (about 3.50 a piece) and we use sharpies to decorate them. It's super easy!

I am going to write the parent's name or maybe THANKS on the front and the kids can decorate the letters, draw pictures and write notes. Michael's also has other things you can do this with. There was a parent who always wore baseball caps, so we did a cap. They also have aprons, shoe holders, craft sorters, and so forth, all made of canvas.

I have a box of 24 or 30 colors of sharpie, and I pick our 4-5 for the kids to use that go nicely together.

For another parent volunteer who did a ton this year, I bought a wooden tray for 2.00 on clearance and we are going to draw pictures and write notes and decoupage it with modpodge. The whole thing will probably cost 4.00 with paper, glue, etc. I am also doing the same for my TA, but she is getting a wooden box.

For the other people we need to thank, I make a little book and we put the class picture on the front. Each child writes a thank you note and we make a little book. The people I gave that to (librarian, counselor, special teachers) still have them in their offices!! I have seen them, so they are great little gifts.

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote

dolphinlover

Old 05-31-2008, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I had 10 volunteers this year, so I bought citronella candles in super cute colored tin pots. I wrote a label to go with it that said, "thanks for helping my students "shine" this year". My parents really liked it!
dolphinlover is offline   Reply With Quote

alohaspirit

SanDiego3rd's
Old 06-03-2008, 09:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I love the idea of the mousepads. Do you remember where on the Costco site you found this? I tried looking but couldn't find anything.
alohaspirit is offline   Reply With Quote