Dog Theme - ProTeacher Community

TchrBlr

Dog Theme
Old 06-03-2008, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have done a frog theme for the last two years but would like to do something more near and dear to my heart. I want to do a dog theme and am looking for ideas. I need catchy phrases for bulletin boards, displays, etc. I am also looking for ant other ideas for a dog theme. Thanks!

TchrBlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach'n'Learn

Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Here's what I have

DOG Books instead of MOOSE Binders (Daily Organization Guide)

"No Bones About It: We Work Well Together" then I put up a "bone" with a compliment from someone outside our classroom each time we get one

Helping Hounds (attendance aussie, homework hound, supply setter, etc. I also have classroom cats who do nothing )

We are required to use a "pull a card" system for discipline. Mine says "I'm PAWS-itive you'll have an all green day."

Library has a dog BB that says "Dig into a good book" with a dog digging up books instead of bones

I've got Mary Engelbreit puppies as decor and paw print curtains.
Teach'n'Learn is offline   Reply With Quote

TchrBlr

Teach'n'learn
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I was hoping you would reply. I thought you had a dog theme. I am a fellow canine lover and just rescued a second dog today (a beautiful german shepherd to accompany my true mutt) . I thought about not doing a theme this year but I like the community it creates and the cohesiveness of the classroom decorations. Thanks for your reply!

Last edited by TchrBlr; 06-03-2008 at 06:54 PM..
TchrBlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Teach'n'Learn

Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I like having a theme, too. They're fun.

German shepherds are so gorgeous. My FIL had one decades ago, and he still talks about him.
Teach'n'Learn is offline   Reply With Quote

2ndGradeDeb

Old 06-03-2008, 07:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Someone asked about dog themes on the Bulletin Board/Theme section. Here is the link:

http://www.proteacher.net/discussion...ad.php?t=82769

2ndGradeDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

anna

Dog Theme
Old 06-04-2008, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Behavior Bulletin Board has student numbers written on dog biscuits that have been decoupaged. Small 2 inch biscuits work well and I glued a small magnet on the back to display the board on a magnetic surface.

Dog Gone Good Work Board: every child chooses their best work each month to display at their spot

My students love the monthly costume that is displayed on a ceramic dog. I bought the dog and the costumes from a catalog that features items for $14.95. I have forgotten the name of the catalog

My weekly newsletter is called "The WAG" (Week at a Glance)

I give Top Dog Awards twice during the year. These are little gold dog trophies from a trophy shop. The award goes to the students who consistently attend ,do their work and behave. The students must earn 13 die cut paper dogs in order to receive the top dog award. The die cut is awarded on Friday to those students who were not absent,did not leave early,did classwork and homework on time and behaved themselves all week.
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Kimberly

Kimberly

Special ed. teacher
Old 05-19-2009, 10:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We bought the classroom rules by Suzy Spafford that feature dogs and cats. They say things like, "Be furry quiet during work time!" She also has the same dogs and cats on note pads, ribbon etc. I found the ribbon at walmart and the bulletin board set at a local education store.