Took and "not passed" the FTCE today - ProTeacher Community

missmanson

Took and "not passed" the FTCE today
Old 06-10-2008, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If there is anyone out there who invested in other study guides besides the REA FTCE Review(the big book), please let me know if they helped you. I really thought I had studied everything thoroughly. I am a 2nd career teacher as well. I am eligible for temp. teaching certif. for middle school social studies 5-9. Have taken Gen. Knowledge exam, passed all except the math, still need to take the essay, subj. area, and re-take the FTCE. Ugh.

missmanson is offline   Reply With Quote

FAU08

FAU08

Ftce
Old 06-13-2008, 06:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Missmansion,

I've taken and passed the General Knowledge, Professional, Subject (Elem Ed K-6 and Reading K-12) FTCE tests. I used the study guides you get from the website - not "the big book". I really didn't think the guides were all that helpful, but since I passed every test on the first try - maybe they were!

Good luck on the tests you still have to take.
Den71

Den71

Rea
Old 07-29-2008, 03:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes, the REA FTCE Professional Education Test big book really helped me. I passed the professional test. I have yet to pass the FTCE Elem. Ed K-6 (197) UGH!!!! The book helped me, I just think it was me. I changed some answers afterwards.
Don't give up!! You will do it!

WGUStudent

REA and Cliff's
Old 08-03-2008, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I used Cliff's for the professional ed and REA for Elementary Ed- passed the first time. I really liked using the disk that came with REA.
WGUStudent is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

One of our guest teachers...
Old 08-08-2008, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

was studying for the Praxis and she was using a GED guide. Her reason was that it would give everything she needed to know for the tests. Don't know how helpful it is, but you could check it out at your local library.

klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote

onceagain

FTCE Porfessional Education Exam
Old 11-20-2008, 12:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Doe anyone have any study guides or help for The FTCE Professional Education test? I have the study guide through the FDOE website, but I need something that tells me why an answer is correct or incorrect. I have taken this test two times already, and am very frustrated. I passed the GK and K-6, but this test just stumps me. Thie fisrt time I took it I only missed it by 3 points!!! Thanks for any help you can give
onceagain is offline   Reply With Quote
arie

arie

ftce
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have a question, people who want to become teachers need to pass GK exam k-6 before obtaining 3 year temporary certificate?
charrrrr

charrrrr

k-6
Old 10-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

not the GK but the Subject Area Exam (SAE) K-6 before being eligible for temporary certificate.