Disney theme? - ProTeacher Community

GatorTeacher

Disney theme?
Old 06-11-2008, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone ever done a Disney theme? School just got out this week and I'm already thinking about next year's theme, haha. Any pictures or good ideas using Disney in the classroom? I'm a huge Disney fan so I thought what would be better then being surrounded by Disney in the classroom. Thanks!

Heather

GatorTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

volstate

Old 06-11-2008, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

NO, but that sound like fun. I wonder if you emailed them with your idea if they would send you brochures or other items that could be used. It never hurts to try.
volstate is offline   Reply With Quote

jovic

Sounds Cute!
Old 06-12-2008, 02:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am not sure, but I think I have seen Disney character wall art in the wallpaper/paint section of Wal Mart. They are sticky on the back and you can move them around. Those would be neat for bulletin boards and such. My friend that teaches next to me is doing a cruising theme next year and contacted some of the cruise lines and they sent her posters and stuff. Maybe you could contact the Disney cruise line or Disney itself and see what they would do. It surely won't hurt to try. I love your idea and I am sure the kids will too! I noticed your name GatorTeacher and just knew you had to be in Florida. Sure enough; do you teach in Gainesville? Good luck witht the theme.
jovic is offline   Reply With Quote

LSJ

Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

That sounds awesome! It'll look great and the kids'll love it! I don't really have any ideas for you but if you google disney clipart you'll find loads of free clip that people have created.

Ohhh, this makes me so jealous of you! I don't think my 6th graders would appreciate a Disney theme (or my principal for that matter as its a Science room!)
LSJ is offline   Reply With Quote

BevAnn

Check This Out
Old 06-12-2008, 12:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our principal sent 10 teachers to visit a school in Florida for our America's Choice model for readers and writers workshops. They do an entire school-wide theme each year. This past year, when we visited, they did a "Dreams Begin Here" theme that had many Disney inspired elements. For next year they are doing an "Around the World in 180 Days" theme. You can visit their website at http://www.dreamsbeginhere.org/CCE/
We brought back many of their ideas to incorporate at our school including a school-wide theme.

BevAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

jovic

Cool Disney Fonts!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Hello! I was just downloading some neat fonts for my jungle/safari themed classroom and I came across several neat Disney fonts. They are on www.fontspace.com Just type in Disney in the search box and it will take you to two pages ofthem. Really cute for any items you create for your classroom. Good Luck!
jovic is offline   Reply With Quote

scraphappy

Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I remember a news story where Disney actually went after a preschool who had painted a Disney mural on their classroom wall. It looks like they are over that.
scraphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
dbock

dbock

disney in the classroom
Old 07-01-2008, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I'm using Disney as well and find it so adaptable. On the first day of school my Ss will look for "hidden Mickeys" (Mickey head shaped stickers I bougyht at Micheals)to get better acquainted with the classroom. My class is also decorated with all black, white, yellow and red, "Mickey"colors and as incentives the Ss earn stars for their Mouseketeer hats. We travel to different lands throughout the year. When we study space we are in TomorrowLand and they learn Little Wonders from Meet the Robinsonsons.
Have fun planning! DBockstahler

kaycee1128

If you use music in the classroom...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

There are some really great songs from Disney. My favorite is Welcome. We learned it in my classroom...it talks about family being there for each other, etc. You could also learn like zip a dee do da or maybe other songs like that
kaycee1128 is offline   Reply With Quote

kwadenpfuhl76

Disney theme classroom
Old 07-31-2008, 10:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I have my room done in a Disney theme and have had it like that for a few years. I have pictures, but I don't know how to attach them that I could send to you. But here are some of the things that I have done: On my outside wall I have a blown up Donald Duck and Daisy and all of the students' names are written on small Huey, Duey, and Lewy (not sure of the spelling) cut-outs with the saying "Waddle into 2nd Grade" I also have taken black bulletin board paper and made a huge Minnie Head to go around my door and part of the wall for the students to enter through (that turned out really cute). I bought Mickey fabric from Wal-Mart and made Mickey curtains for my room. My helper chart is little Mickey sillouettes and is titled "MouseKa-Helpers". Anyways, these are just a few. I hope this helps. Have a great school year.
kwadenpfuhl76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mabsab

jovic
Old 08-01-2008, 01:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I went to the fontspace site and love all of the cool fonts. I downloaded one that I like, but how do I get it into Word so that I can use it?
mabsab is offline   Reply With Quote

GatorTeacher

kwadenpfuhl76?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I just saw that you posted that you had some pics. Is there any way you can email them? i would love to see your disney classroom. Thanks for the ideas!
GatorTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote

kwadenpfuhl76

disney classroom pics
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I'm sorry I'm just getting this. I'd love to email them to you. Let me know your email address and I'll send them.
kwadenpfuhl76 is offline   Reply With Quote