Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Help! Fifth Grade Theme

>

ghawk

Help! Fifth Grade Theme
Old 06-25-2008, 02:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am moving from third to fifth grade this year and need a fun theme. I did a frog theme last year and was thinking about doing something with "Catch the Wave" or "Ride the Wave" or some fun beachy phrase. I saw some cute things from Really Good Stuff. I need a catchy title for a welcome board.

ghawk is offline   Reply With Quote

tammynj

Old 06-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach 5th and I am thinking of doing a surf theme, too (saw the same thing in RGS). I already have luau/tiki themed decorations hanging from my ceiling, so that would work.

I did have a long, narrow bb over one of the chalkboards this year that had cute jumping frogs. It said, "Toadally ready to hop into learning."

My overall theme this past year, though, was "Groovy." Lots of tie-dye, peace signs, VW bug decorations. It was cute, and appealled to both the boys and the girls.
tammynj is offline   Reply With Quote

AngieB.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is more along the lines of an ocean theme, but I did a welcome board that had a colorful fish net stapled over it with the kids' names on fish cut-outs and it said, "What a Great Catch!"

I also did a beach theme one year and put the kids' names on flip-flop cut-outs and it said, "Stepping Into ___ Grade".
AngieB. is offline   Reply With Quote

Weezer

New stuff!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I just got an Oriental Trading Party catalog and they have a new surfing set of stuff with monkeys on it and ocean waves. It is called Beach Monkey. Check it out!
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote

KatSkratch

How about...
Old 06-28-2008, 03:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Surf on into Fifth Grade?

Hang ten in Mrs. Whoosicallit's Class? (Does anybody say that anymore? I guess that's way nineties.)

KatSkratch is offline   Reply With Quote
annaanna

annaanna

welcome board suggestion
Old 08-30-2008, 07:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I teach fifth grade and this year I am doing a fish/sea water theme as well. I have used the phrase, "Fin"tastic 5th Graders and written all their names on fish with an ocean border at the top and sand on the bottom. You could also use "Dive Into Learning." Hope this helps.
gzaba

gzaba

theme
Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Last year I did a theme entitled, "On the Road to Success". I covered the bulletin board with old an old Atlas (to look like a map) and had the student's names on car cut-outs. I had yield signs with different aspects needed to learn: respect, reading, etc. It was adorable.

Iguana

Thanks for the idea.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Thanks! Great idea. I've decided to modify it a bit. I'm putting my students' footprints on a painted road mural with their names. The road signs are our essential agreements that the student've drafted themselves. One end of the road is Year 3 and the other Year 4.
Cheers!
Iguana is offline   Reply With Quote