Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Rosacea and Proactive

>

anonymouse

Rosacea and Proactive
Old 05-19-2006, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

The physician's assistant at my doctor's office (who has rosacea) recommended that I try Proactive for my rosacea. Has anyone had success with treating it with proactive?

Wanda

Check comsumer reports
Old 05-19-2006, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I went on the internet to check out Proactive and I found a comsumer review site. Half of the reviews raved about the product while the rest of the reviews slammed the product. I decided not to buy the product, just didn't want to take the risk.

Rosberry

rosacea
Old 05-19-2006, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I also have rosacea but have never tried Proactiv. What I have tried is FaceDoctorX complexion soap and it has worked wonders! I have been using it for about a year now and have had no new outbreaks and it cleared up the old. Unfortunately only laser surger can get rid of the broken blood vessels that I have. But I am really happy with the soap.

Tigger

I have tried proactive. . .
Old 05-20-2006, 04:15 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

and I love it. I, too, have rosacea. The proactive really cleared up my skin (after an initial break out that brought all the gross stuff out of my pores) and caused the redness to subside. I believe there is a money back guarantee on the product. It will take about one full month to get the results you want because of the cleaning up of your skin that takes place. Try it! You may like it!

nocturnalgurl

i like it
Old 05-20-2006, 03:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Ive been on Proactive for over a yar since getting off the pill which made my face go buts. I like it alot, I wnt quit but it CAN dry your skin out if you use it too often. I use it once a day, in the morning and after the gym. I love it my face looks alot better. Not perfect but alot better. I have to say watch out for the first 1-2 months because it made my face look like hell as all the crap worked its way out of my skin. But then it was great!

Alyssa/NE/3

Alyssa/NE/3

?
Old 05-20-2006, 08:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I have roseacea, and wondered what caused it exactly. Does anyone know? Where does the unsightly redness come from? I have been prescribed some medication, expensive, in a tube, and the long medical name escapes me now. I don't know anyone else who has it except my sister and I'm thankful for these boards. What I'm working seems to be OK- but I've heard good things about Proactiv and wouldn't mind trying it for my occasional acne outbreaks. I swear, I had a better complexion in my teens than now!!! Since I got so lucky in my teen-age years, I thought I had nothing to worry about later! Think again oh red-faced one!!!

Marilyn B.

Marilyn B.

Causes of rosacea
Old 05-22-2006, 04:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I have a very mild case of rosacea that flares up now and then. My daughter and brother also have it from time to time, and the doctor told me it was hereditary. He also said that it has something to do with the circulatory system and is not adult acne. I've been on Tetracyclene from time to time, and I use Metrogel when I have outbreaks. If you have it, you should see a dermatologist. Go to the Mayo Clinic site to learn more.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rosacea/DS00308

Carol B

Carol B

Windsor, Maine
Old 05-23-2006, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Yes, I have used proactive and my rosacea is virtually gone! I love it!

Emma711

Emma711

Proactive
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Hi
Do you use the proactive everyday for your rosacea? Did it irriate your skin with the gritty cleanser? thanks!

Ann H.

Ann H.

Proactive for age spots and rosacea
Old 08-29-2007, 04:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I've only been using the product for a while but the results are already amazing. My cheek redness has been cut in half. My adult acne, which has recently gone a little crazy with hormone changes, was completely resolved in under a week. I'm very interested in trying the Proactiv Skin Lightening lotion for age spots/past sun damage.

I too found the Repairing Lotion to make my skin a bit dry. I ordered their oil-free moisturizer and eye moisture cream online from QVC. My skin is so soft now and hydrated. No more dryness. They have fantastic products but I've gotten much better results now that I'm using their moisturizers too.

the bigR

the bigR

please, more details on proactive..
Old 03-17-2008, 06:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Anyone who said they used it and it worked, what was it: cream or lotion, any specifics from the bottle, how/where to buy it?

I have recently realized I have it on my chin, nose, cheeks, forehead, and it got untreated for quite a while, since I never thought its even remotely related to anything by simple redness on the face.
Now Im searching internet for more help, as dermatogyst only mentioned full list of food not to take (from spinach to wine).

Thanks a lot!!!!
Billie

Buni

Buni

Rosacea
Old 03-30-2008, 05:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Hi,

I've used Rosacea Limited III and it has worked well for Rosacea. You
can go on-line and look it up. It's uses 2 mineral discs along with
a simple cleansing and moisturizing routine. It costs under $100, but
it states that it will last for a year. There are alot of customer review
too and they all are positive.

Good Luck! Stacey :]

JenJen77

JenJen77

my limited III experience
Old 04-01-2008, 11:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

My skin never looked worse after using those discs. I know users write that your face will initially get worse as the discs work to revitalize the skin, but I couldn't wait....I never felt worse about myself. I had mild rosacea, then I tried those discs for about a month, waiting for them to start working, and my face just got redder and redder. I finally went to the dermatologist, which was the first time in two years, to get help. Before that fiasco, I used Proactive and I liked it ok, it didnt make matters worse, but there was no significant improvement either. I did find the gritty texture of the cleanser to irritate my skin and my skin was very dry, which can make rosacea worse. Now, I use Glytone, a mild cleanser from the dermatologist and it costs $25 a bottle, but Ive had it for over a year. Also, I wash and touch my face less. I use some "hippy" stuff that comes out of a bald looking coconut, I dont remember what it is, from a "new age" store as a moisturizer and its awesome! My face doesnt hurt or feel tight and itchy after I spread it on, it gives my face a healthy glow, and its only $3 for 1/4 pound! I still have and use the Proactive repairing lotion, hence, why I came to this board. Im thinking about going back to Proactive since its been so long and I love the repairing lotion, but ...my system seems to be working well. I dont really know what to do and I think all of us who suffer from rosacea understand. I really dont like the dots and veins in my cheeks. Makep makes it better, but I dont wear it much. The laser surgery scarred my cheeks and so Ill never do that again. Good luck all!

Strawberry_K5

I have a mild form
Old 04-01-2008, 01:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I have mild rosacea and use Metrogel 1% (which costs me about $50 but lasts for over 3 months). I have found it to be VERY effective. Unfortunately I am not supposed to take it while pregnant or breastfeeding, so I need to find an alternative before my dh and I start trying this summer.

I never had problems with rosacea until I started tanning my senior year in HS. Alyssa....From what I understand, rosacea is triggered by extreme changes in weather, spicy foods, etc. For me, I can smell something spicy and my cheeks will become flush. It is really quite frustrating.

JenJen77, can you use Glytone while pregnant or breastfeeding?

Fuzz_pawz

Fuzz_pawz

Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

You have to remember, everyones skin type is different....everyone reacts differently to all products.....While we use reviews to form our opinon...it is always best to use it yourself and form your own educated opinion. It may NOT work for you...but then again, it might. I bought it for my husband to try, and have found myself using it as well just to keep my skin new....and it really has worked, i'm very happy with Proactive

Lottalove

Where is it cheapest?
Old 07-17-2008, 07:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I've noticed the ads for $19.99 but when you look closer, the bottles are half the size of regular ones. My DD found some on eBay but it seemed more expensive than straight off the ProActive website.

There is a kiosk in the mall, I think, but it is so hard to know the best route to go.

Any tips? hints?
rosaceagirl

rosaceagirl

Proactive helped me
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

I have used Proactive on and off for the last year or so. I ordered it online, and found the prices much cheaper than going to a kiosk in the mall. I don't use it daily, my skin dries out too much. I use it once a day when I'm having a breakout, and it clears it right up.

I didn't have skin problems ever in my life, until I hit my 30's. Then I looked awful. Neighbors would stop me on the street to ask what happened to my skin. It was humiliating. My Dr put me on tetracycline, and I was sick from it. Felt ill continiously. I was unable to keep on with it. I felt like I had nowhere to turn. Then I did a search online, and found a lot of people with rosacea raving about Proactive. I was concerned, as it's an acne treatment, but was desperate enough to try just about anything.

People tell me now that they wish their skin was as clear as mine. That feels good, because the mask of rosacea was more than I could bear.

Give it a try, if you can. I totally feel it is worth it.

DAFBSarah

DAFBSarah

Proactiv
Old 01-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Did you know that proactiv has a 60 day money back gaurentee, so if you don't like it you can get your money back, thats a win win situation for you, also Proactiv has a 98% success rate and the 1% of the people that say they don't like it were not using it correctly!

DAFBSarah

DAFBSarah

nocturnalgurl
Old 01-25-2009, 06:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

I understand your thoughts about drying, but you have to use one of Proactiv's moisturizers if you have dryness, benzoyl peroxzide is a very strong perscription strength medication, so it is naturally going to dry your skin to heal it, thats why you have to use the oil free moisture or the green tea moisturizer, also acne itself has a 2 to 3 week cycle so your skin has to adjust to a new treatment and your acne will still act up for that period of time, you cant cure acne you can only treat it.

katleen

katleen

person with roseca
Old 03-05-2009, 10:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #20

I tried everything with my roseca-----medications, lotions, laser surgery-----nothing worked. My adult child was using ProActive for breakouts so I tried it because I was so desperate. Lo and behold, it worked. My face started to clear up within four or five days and it looks 100% better. I wish I would have used this years ago.

KTYES

KTYES

Proactiv Repair Lotion helped my rosacea
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #21

When I was younger, I did have mild acne. Tetracycline was the doctor's solution at that time. Unforunately, that destroys all your bodies natural bacteria.

I have a very fair complexion, so I aways were sun block when I go outside. I noticed after using some of the sun block products that I actually looked 'sunburned'... but it wasn't sunburn, it was rosacea.

The doctor prescribed metronidazole (a clear gel-like lotion). He told me it would take several days/weeks before I would see an improvement. I really couldn't see any improvement whatsoever.

I had an old bottle of Proactive Repair Lotion (from my old acne days) that I decided to put on the rosacea. Wow, I immediately noticed a difference. The rosacea vanished.

I don't understand why the doctors are prescribing metronidazole when proactive would immediately.

Ira

Ira

Ms
Old 03-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #22

proactiv is the only product that I 028R

Binla

Binla

none
Old 03-25-2009, 06:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #23

Acne or Rosacea, proactiv works. Start slow with rosacea, like every other day first week and slowly increase up to twice a day as skin build up tolerance. Proactiv green tea moisturizer is the problem solver for dry skin and the best moisturizer for rosacea. Use it with product so skin doesn't dry out much. Use proactiv cleanser, toner and repairing lotion together, and mask 2 -3 times a week. Use cleanser in wet face and be very gentle when u message it in the skin. Nothing works better than proactiv for acne and rosacea. But you have to give full 6 -8 weeks no matter how bad it gets at first. Some cases works even way sooner. Don't take my word for it, u try it and you going to love it. Go to the mall kiosk, they will tell you how to use the product.

Nakali

Nakali

Proactiv is Miracle
Old 03-26-2009, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #24

I know proactiv works for acne, because I use it. Nothing works the way proactiv does for acne and I don't have rosacea but I know so may women use proactiv for rosacea and they are absolutely satisfy with it. I haven't heard even one person that says that it didn't work for rosacea. Some say they saw huge difference within a week. Try it, they have 60 day money back guarantee. You have nothing to loose.