Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Need help-My creative juices are all TIED up

>

hippyteach

Need help-My creative juices are all TIED up
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I need some help with my theme. I know I want to use tie-dying and we will do class shirts, but I am looking for some ideas to help support this. Does anyone have a suggestion on BB themes, etc. I did this last year and was able to find tie-dye reading folders, pencils, nametags and paper. What else could I do?

hippyteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Lottalove
Old 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM
This message has been deleted by Lottalove. Reason: double post

Lottalove

I do a flowers/ladybugs theme
Old 06-30-2008, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

with 60's twist. Last year's welcome back BB was "Looking forward to a GROOVY new year!" I was able to get tie-dyed borders and pre-cut lettering at Hobby Lobby for about $2+/- a piece. I planned to cut "GROOVY" out of deep pile felt so it would look like fake fur but ran out of time. Instead I went by the thrift store and bought a tie-dye skirt and cut the letters out of that. I put it on card stock with a glue stick to give it a little more structure. It looked good. The Dollar Tree also had lime green/pink peace signs and bright yellow Smiley signs that I hung up in my room with the Table numbers and computer station signs on the backs.
Lottalove is offline   Reply With Quote

EDteacher

tie-dye candles
Old 06-30-2008, 04:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have a great project to go with your tie-dye idea. Get each student a clear glass votive holder (they are cheap at Walmart). Then, all you need is some colorful tissue paper and white glue. Have the kids tear the different colored paper into small half inch pieces, then dip them in the glue and stick them on the OUTSIDE of the votive holder, overlapping the pieces to cover the entire outside. The smaller the pieces the better it looks. Try to keep the pieces as smooth as possible It is a bit messy, but try to get the kids to take their time. When dry, you can spray with clear gloss. They looked tie-dyed or like stained glass. They also make a great project for mother's day and holiday gifts. Good Luck!
EDteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

cre8tive_tchr

bulletin board
Old 07-01-2008, 07:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I bet you could find material that is tie-dyed to use for the background of your bulletin boards.
cre8tive_tchr is offline   Reply With Quote

hippyteach

thanks
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Thank you greatly for the ideas! I already do the votive activity when I teach Ancient Rome and mosaics. I hadn't thought to do it with tie-dye, but I'm going to play around with it this summer. I'm definitely going to use the Groovy idea for my BB theme and I'm looking for some fabric. Last year I did a solid color background and used tie-dye border.

hippyteach is offline   Reply With Quote

hrush

fabric
Old 07-03-2008, 08:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

What if you did the tie-dye yourself? You could get plain fabric and dye it with the colors of your choice. If you do plain background, you could get white felt and tie-dye it. After it has dried, use the dye cut to make your letters.
hrush is offline   Reply With Quote

jesnacc

I also have a Groovy room
Old 07-03-2008, 10:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

For all of my bulletin boards...I used song titles and in the bottom corner I put the name of the recording artist and the year it was a hit.

For example, My time line is "One Fine Day "in History by the Chiffons;
Birthday board....You Say it's Your "Birthday" by the Beatles w/ a smiley face birthday chart; Graph "Happy Together" by [can't remember what group right off hand] I use this one for any charts/graphs we create; and many more that I can't remember. I will post more if you'd like when I return from my room next week.

Hope this helps.
jesnacc is offline   Reply With Quote
dnorris

dnorris

thanks for the Groooooovy tip
Old 08-06-2009, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have been looking for an idea to put outside my classroom. I have decorated in pink, blue, and green. Very bright colors.