Help

ARCHIVE

J Meacham site

>

GoDogGo

J Meacham site
Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hi everyone! I am having difficulty getting to j meacham's site. Wanted to take a look at some classroom setup pictures from her site. Is anyone else having difficulty? Thanks!

GoDogGo is offline   Reply With Quote

teachdawg

Old 07-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

It looks like it is under construction. Maybe you could try again later?

http://www.jmeacham.com/
teachdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

mshelbyk

Old 07-01-2008, 09:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

You can see some of her site's pages here:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.jmeacham.com

I used the "way back machine" website archive.
http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

It appears as though her site was taken down. I remember reading on her page in the fall that she was taking a break from her site for the rest of this past school year. I'm not sure why...maybe something personal...here's her email if you wanted to try to email her. jameach@charter.net

I wonder why it's down... If anyone finds out, please let us know!
mshelbyk is offline   Reply With Quote

AmyH

Site
Old 07-01-2008, 11:40 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I think I remember reading somewhere that she was doing a major reconstruction to the site... adding lots of new goodies... I think she also taught 1st grade this year, so she was going to add all the new stuff....
It's like Christmas waiting to see.....
AmyH is offline   Reply With Quote

NCLily

New layout, links don't work
Old 07-01-2008, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

It definitely seems like she's updating it. Her about page says she's started to work today (7/1) and the homepage layout is already different! None of the links work, which is probably because she's working on it.

NCLily is offline   Reply With Quote

BevAnn

Old 07-01-2008, 03:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

On July 19, Jessica Meacham posted the following response to a question about her website on a Daily 5 group that I belong to:

"RE: [Daily5] guided reading recommendations (Updating my Site)

I am in the process of updating my site (appearance - - giving it a facelift….AND reorganizing/renaming files/pages/pictures/etc - - because it needed it, in my opinion), and so I hope to have that part all done very soon. I’ll then upload it. After that, I’ll slowly update as time permits. With the school year-long sabbatical that I took this past year, I didn’t update or take lots of pictures like I normally would have. I was just really, really busy with a few other projects, so website building wasn’t in the forefront of my mind. But…good news! I’m staying in first grade this coming year, so pictures/updates will take place, just not as soon as I’d like or maybe others would like…! J "
Jessica
BevAnn is offline   Reply With Quote

txtchr6

jmeacham
Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just went to her site and it worked fine. I went to one page only from the menu - but at least some of it is working - if not all. I don't know what I would do without her site.
txtchr6 is offline   Reply With Quote

tiffglrl

jmeacham
Old 07-01-2008, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

It is there...she must have been updating it when you looked! It has a whole new look...here is what she said under the "UPDATES" section:
Quote: "I'm back! I've missed website building, but definitely enjoyed my time away. A lot of people have asked me what I've been up to. Well, since last August (2007), I've been meeting with two fantastically, talented ladies from my church and we've been writing Vacation Bible School curriculum. It has been a very rewarding experience. Another project that has been vying for my attention has been my Technology Grant Project. I attended 10 technology classes last August (1/2 day session for each class). Our small (3-person) grant team decided on a project and worked our way through all of the project requirements. I now know a lot more about movie making! Additionally, I took a Frameworks Course (7 day-long classes) and moved on up to teaching 1st Grade after having been in Kindergarten for a couple of years. While I feel refreshed after having been away from site building, I also fee very behind! I had no time to update/add to the site. So if you were expecting NEW things right away...I hate to disappoint, but it will take time for me to gather my wits and begin the game of "catch up." It will be a fun journey for me though.... My email is back up and running, so feel free to email any questions, comments, or suggestions! I'll try to respond in a timely manner!" End Quote
Good luck!!
tiffglrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rach

Old 07-01-2008, 05:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm SO happy Jessica is back! I love her site!!
Rach is offline   Reply With Quote

GoDogGo

thanks!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Thank you! I took a look this morning and there it was! I was a bit worried since she was taking a break.
GoDogGo is offline   Reply With Quote