Help

ARCHIVE

Anyone with a POLKA DOT theme?????

>

ccteacher

Anyone with a POLKA DOT theme?????
Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was just on the Creative Teaching Press website looking for solid black straight edge border and I saw that they have a bunch of polka dot borders on sale...really CHEAP...all different colors. They've actually got an awful lot of things on sale really cheap...

www.creativeteaching.com *click the "On Sale" link

ccteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Ga Peach

polka dot room
Old 07-01-2008, 02:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Thanks for the link. I have done a polka dot room for the past 2 years. I guess some people may be tired of it but I love the combination of the red, black, and white especially with polka dots. I am adding ladybugs to the theme this year to mix it up a little.
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote

jenstat

Polka dots
Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I did a polka dot theme for the last two years. I used all colored dot border. I think I had black and yellow with all different colored dots. One year I added in peace signs, flowers, volkswagon bugs, and records. My door had records with the title "Fifth Grade is Sure to be a Hit". I have also seen the saying "Look who has been spotted in ____ grade". Walmart has some really cute polka dotted material that I used for curtains. I also found some dot cutouts at my local school supply store. It was really cute. Hope this helps.
jenstat is offline   Reply With Quote

missdwyer

Old 07-01-2008, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I bought the polka dot material from Walmart too. I have done a polka dot theme for the last three years. I am switching it up a little this year. I hope to post some pics soon!
missdwyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Emily4th

Old 07-01-2008, 05:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Dollar General has some bright polkadotted sit up type pillows that would be great for reading spots.

Emily

Emily4th is offline   Reply With Quote

jessram

Teacher's Clubhouse
Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

www.teachersclubhouse.com

They have some new classroom theme stuff and polka dots were included! Cute desk tags, job chart stuff, and a D.O.T. binder cover. They are very cute and only about 99 cents each. You can also commission them to other stuff for you
jessram is offline   Reply With Quote

Ga Peach

jessram
Old 07-02-2008, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Thank you so much for the link to the teacher's clubhouse. I have used it many times but didn't know that they had polka dot items. I will be using some of their things.
Ga Peach is offline   Reply With Quote

MP0863

More polka dot ideas!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:42 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I will be student teaching in the fall but I have already started getting things together for my own classroom. I also LOVE polka dots. I have a few ideas that you may be able to use also. I have my family members save their coffee cans. I paint them bright colors and then (using a certain circular paint brush) to put dots of other bright colors all over the cans. Then I label them...scissors, pencils, glue sticks,etc. I also found some polka dot material in the dollar/yard section at wal-mart. I am going to use the material to makek curtains and a "skirt" around my desk using velcro. I also bought some bucket type containers from the dollar tree and used the paint brush to put dots on those too. They are really adorable and cheap and easy to make...hope these ideas help!
MP0863 is offline   Reply With Quote